Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To People Saying The Galatine Is Op.

Rettycombine

yeah well instead of useless stagger sword have aoe knockdown.

if i would play trinity still i would use this sword instead of orthos. besides sometimes high damage from a strike is better than decent dps.

Edited by Althix

It's actually much lower, and the spam-attack DPS is abysmal.

Orthos Prime = (200*(1/0.5))=400.

Galatine = (400*(1/1.7))=235.2941

euhm the orthos prime does have 0.5s charge which can be affected by charge mods but you have to count in the animation too

for the galatine: 1.7s is probably charge + animation

Edited by Seira-EGT-

So that we're all (hopefully) talking about the same stuff I went ahead and ran some calculations comparing the Orthos Prime and Galatine using Spin's formula from here. Elemental/AP damage from mods was ignored since damage/armor revisions are upcoming. Numbers presented without comment because it makes me sad when I get accused of being a DE propagandist or whatever.

Mods factored into calculation (all at max rank): Reflex Coil, Killing Blow, Fury, Pressure Point, Focus Energy (charge speed only), Rending Strike (charge damage only)

Attack speed: OP 2.08/s, G 2.24/s

Effective charge speed (charge time + swing time, per Spin's formula): OP 0.73s, G 1.30s

Regular damage: OP 132, G 77

Charge damage: OP 620, G 1240

Regular DPS (regular damage x attack speed): OP 274.6, G 172.5 - OP is 59% better

Charge DPS (charge damage / effective charge speed): OP 848.4, G 956.5 - G is 13% better

Where on earth did you get the idea that Orthos Prime can dish out two charge attacks per second?

That's the base charge time unmodded. I used just the charge time for ease of math. The actual swing time is additional.

Orthos Prime = (200*(1.0/(0.5+(1.0/1.3))))=157.5758

Galatine = (400*(1.0/(1.7+(1.0/1.4))))=165.6804

The damage is very close, and the Orthos Prime absolutely destroys the Galatine in spam DPS.

Edited by GottFaust

Right, cause the Orthos prime is TOTALLY NOT op!

orthos prime isn't op, no melee is even op compared to guns, and factoring risk vs reward, sure orthos prime is a great melee weapon, but only as melee, it doesn't do the job as good as a gun would ever do, we need strong melee, not nerfing it to the ground

That's the base charge time unmodded. I used just the charge time for ease of math. The actual swing time is additional, but the result is the same.

the charge time from the galatine is 0.7 without animation

Edited by Seira-EGT-

Charge DPS (charge damage / effective charge speed): OP 848.4, G 956.5 - G is 13% better

So it beats the previous Charge Attack King in the game in terms of both burst and sustained damage.

I am not impressed.

That's the base charge time unmodded. I used just the charge time for ease of math. The actual swing time is additional, but the result is the same.

Say we have Weapon A with 0.5s charge time and Weapon B with 1.5s charge time. Both have a swing speed of 1.0s, because they're heavy as hell.

In terms of DPS based entirely on charge speed, Weapon A deals 300% the DPS that Weapon B deals.

In terms of DPS based on (charge time + swing time), Weapon A only deals 67% more DPS than Weapon B deals. Not even remotely close to the multiplier that had when swing time was not a factor.

It's basic math. If you have a ratio, then adding an amount to both sides of the ratio will change the ratio.

Edited by SortaRandom

So that we're all (hopefully) talking about the same stuff I went ahead and ran some calculations comparing the Orthos Prime and Galatine using Spin's formula from here. Elemental/AP damage from mods was ignored since damage/armor revisions are upcoming. Numbers presented without comment because it makes me sad when I get accused of being a DE propagandist or whatever.

Mods factored into calculation (all at max rank): Reflex Coil, Killing Blow, Fury, Pressure Point, Focus Energy (charge speed only), Rending Strike (charge damage only)

Effective charge speed (charge time + swing time, per Spin's formula): OP 0.73s, G 1.30s

Regular DPS (regular damage x attack speed): OP 274.6, G 172.5 - OP is 59% better

Now what one has best AOE Charge? As in more range or hits enemies from behind ect.

So it beats the previous Charge Attack King in the game in terms of both burst and sustained damage.

I am not impressed.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by sustained damage (I'm interpreting that as "spamming regular attacks"), no - Orthos Prime far outclasses the Galatine there.

Now what one has best AOE Charge? As in more range or hits enemies from behind ect.

I don't know for certain, but I believe the Orthos Prime's charge attack encompasses a larger area.

Except those formulas are empiric, outdated (from before we had actual datamined stats) and errr...come from the wiki ><

I fail to see anything close to true in all this. But thanks for the effort.