Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warlord Exclusive Gear Anyone?

Kenshin666

Speaking as a warlord of a small clan, I don't think we need anything of the sort.  I don't think warlords deserve any special cosmetics or benefits for leading clans.  All I see can see this accomplishing is discouraging players from joining existing clans and instead forming their own for the exclusive swag.

Speaking as a warlord of a small clan, I don't think we need anything of the sort.  I don't think warlords deserve any special cosmetics or benefits for leading clans.  All I see can see this accomplishing is discouraging players from joining existing clans and instead forming their own for the exclusive swag.

Needles. As already mentioned would discourage people from joining bigger clans especially that dedicated player can build dojo single-handed. Also Ghost clans consisting of a group of trusted friends can pretty much promote every member to Warlord. In other words:

- Oh look, I'm warlord!
- So what?

This is indeed a problem,  but I can think of a fairly simple solution: make the skin available for any player that is member of a clan, with the exact display dependant upon your rank in the clan. This way all players get a unique skin. Obviously, you'd have to avoid favoritism in that the Warlord gets a definitely cooler skin, merely different skins. Granted, there will always be disagreements in taste and which looks coolest, but that can't be avoided. So long as they are similar in style with only different color designs, icons, and a minorly different tip design it should be fine. (I'm speaking scarfs here, but similar principles could be applied to anything.

EDIT: Wkfire beat me to it. @Jamescell, it's only unrealistic if you assume the Warlord gets a skin clearly designed to be cooler and reward them for the rank. If the skins are similar, with the main differences being for the purposes of being able to distinguish them such as colors or slightly different icons/logos, it's fine. Granted, there will always be some disagreements on which icon or color layout/setup is coolest due to stylistic preferences, but seeing as that cannot be avoided I see no real reason to worry about it overmuch. It's the same with which warframes and alternate helmets people prefer, and everything else about graphical representations in any game. I for one love the way Volt looks (though I prefer the Storm helmet to his default), for example, but the rest of my clan has a very unflattering nickname for him because they hate him.

Edited by Siubijeni

Good points... but still i would like to see some "look-at-mee-im-a-warlord" stuff.. because we definately earn them ;)

The system should be changed into having maybe 1 to 2 warlords per clan.. and maybe set the gear-havin-fun-lovin-clan minimum size to 10 or so?

This to eliminate one man clans sporting management level gear.

Edited by Kenshin666

This is indeed a problem,  but I can think of a fairly simple solution: make the skin available for any player that is member of a clan, with the exact display dependant upon your rank in the clan. This way all players get a unique skin. Obviously, you'd have to avoid favoritism in that the Warlord gets a definitely cooler skin, merely different skins. Granted, there will always be disagreements in taste and which looks coolest, but that can't be avoided. So long as they are similar in style with only different color designs, icons, and a minorly different tip design it should be fine. (I'm speaking scarfs here, but similar principles could be applied to anything.

EDIT: Wkfire beat me to it. @Jamescell, it's only unrealistic if you assume the Warlord gets a skin clearly designed to be cooler and reward them for the rank. If the skins are similar, with the main differences being for the purposes of being able to distinguish them such as colors or slightly different icons/logos, it's fine. Granted, there will always be some disagreements on which icon or color layout/setup is coolest due to stylistic preferences, but seeing as that cannot be avoided I see no real reason to worry about it overmuch.

I like this idea as well.

I like this idea as well.

Thanks. The key is making sure the skins really are similar. With rank insignia in sci-fi, it's too easy to get overly elaborate in top-ranked symbols. This would be a case of the favoritism I mentioned. An approach more similar to real-world rank insignias would perhaps be better, in that they are different enough to indicate ranks, but not so much that you can really say one has a significantly greater cool-factor than others.

Given this provision, I can't see how DE could go wrong with rank-specific scarves or some such prop. The real-world rank insignia comparison is even more valid in my case here: I prefer the insignia of a lieutenant colonel, personally, which is not the top rank. Given the vastly different stylistic preferences present in any community, this same variation of preference would be present for any icons DE assigned to the rank tiers of a clan (since we can rename the actual ranks). This merely introduces a choice--do you display your rank, or not? The question is equally valid for warlords as it is for initiates.

There wouldn't even be stat boosts like there are on alternate helmets, that can affect what you use. I use Ash's default helmet because I like it, even though the stat boost on the Locust helmet can be advantageous. I use Volt's storm because it is my favorite in looks, although that's less of a good example because I like its effects too.

Edited by Siubijeni

Good points... but still i would like to see some "look-at-mee-im-a-warlord" stuff.. because we definately earn them ;)

The system should be changed into having maybe 1 to 2 warlords per clan.. and maybe set the gear-havin-fun-lovin-clan minimum size to 10 or so?

This to eliminate one man clans sporting management level gear.

That would on the other hand penalize small group of friends that created a clan just for them. Plus being a Warlord per se is hardly an achievement (being a Warlord of a stable Mountain clan is something to admire).

Some rank indicators (like army "bars" and "stars") in clan emblem would be enough of visual distinction.

Edited by xGryphus