Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Is A Bit Stail In Terms Of Gameplay

regularkid

its kinda like doing the same thing every time when you play shoot melle shoot melee and I admit the wepons are pretty cool but whats the point I mean your just spending your money on another tps but the reason I like this game is because of the ninja futuristic gameplay but it all gets dry when you've  played through all the levels and I now they just added new maps and everthing but its still the same expireince they haven't added new enemies id like 2 see them add new enemies new factions so I know im asking a bit much from the devs but if they don't inprove this it will probably end up with the other trashed  forgotten online tps games. and ps sorry for my bad English

Welcome to... MMO's in general really. If you're not enjoying the gameplay you should probably quit now as that is going to be the biggest factor in whether you enjoy playing, you know, a game. You need to get rid of the idea that an MMO is a thing you play for the rest of your life. You don't do that with console games, why are you expecting MMO's to be any different? 

Welcome to... MMO's in general really. If you're not enjoying the gameplay you should probably quit now as that is going to be the biggest factor in whether you enjoy playing, you know, a game. You need to get rid of the idea that an MMO is a thing you play for the rest of your life. You don't do that with console games, why are you expecting MMO's to be any different? 

Actually, ideally, an mmo should be a very long story.  Think about Dragon Nest. Compelling. Warframe doesn't have this compelling factor. You know a name and have 2 sentences of background in most cases. You don't 'progress' in any story.

League of Legends is literally the same map played over and over but is the most popular game in the world. But I can understand that it's a moba

This game is still in beta having frequent updates on making it more enjoyable. I'm still having fun and I have 150 hours played in a month

Edited by SyriKz

League of Legends is literally the same map played over and over but is the most popular game in the world. But I can understand that it's a moba

Clearly people who play LoL are just enjoying themselves because they can control their boredom levels and have an irrational bias towards the game, can't possibly be because league of legends has elements that keep the game from becoming boring. Nah, that would mean you couldn't make stupid arguments on the internet and we can't have that can we.

Actually, ideally, an mmo should be a very long story.  Think about Dragon Nest. Compelling. Warframe doesn't have this compelling factor. You know a name and have 2 sentences of background in most cases. You don't 'progress' in any story.

I'll agree that a story is important, but I also think the actual gameplay of Warframe is leagues better than other MMO's I have been playing. I don't think the "story" in warframe is quite as devoid as you're implying. It's not delivered to you in large text blocks; rather you are immersed in it as you play. It's part of the environment, which requires a certain subtlety most game developers lack. 

I'm also absolutely tired of the standard high fantasy story. Oh, a dark evil is slowly engulfing the land, and me, the chosen hero who happens to be a farmboy needs to go on an epic quest to stop it? Yeah, I've been doing that since I was seven. 

Not to say DragonNest was a bad game either but... Guess what? I got bored of it. Which is fine because I also played it for well over one hundred hours. That's kind of my point. 

Edited by Acos

Clearly people who play LoL are just enjoying themselves because they can control their boredom levels and have an irrational bias towards the game, can't possibly be because league of legends has elements that keep the game from becoming boring. Nah, that would mean you couldn't make stupid arguments on the internet and we can't have that can we.

SyriKz, on 28 Sept 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

"But I can understand that it's a moba"

League of Legends is popular because people enjoy playing it. You not liking it doesn't mean that isn't true. You developing a superiority complex because you don't like something that other people like is some kind of special narcissism. 

Edited by Acos

I played Warhammer - Age of Reckoning for over a year stupid amount of hours...PvP was amazing and for an MMO their PvE was also very refreshing in the manner you did it.

Warframe gets old because the combat althought intially is refreshing and engaging becomes tedious, frustrating (because you do everything right but still just walk into the wall/fall down a hole). The enemys lack any real intelligence apart from wtfambush. The endgame is a in your face grind with no sugar coating.

The new golem was wonderful to play through for the first few times, and the new Orokin Derelict tilesets are fantastic you really get a feel of atmosphere for the first time in any of the enviroments. But that amounted to around 2-4hrs of gameplay from alot of weeks development.

I do love this game and all that it could be but I do have that horrible feeling that it will just end up with bitter vets screaming at devs and a slow and painful death. But theres always hope.

Meanwhile console games take years to develop for roughly a 12 hour experience give or take? Look, that's just the nature of video games; they don't last forever. Warframe isn't an exception and neither is any other game you play. I played FFXI for 7 years and eventually I got tired of that too. 

The point is whether you are enjoying what you're doing, not how long it takes to do it. If you don't like warframe don't play it. Maybe make some notes as to why. Being mad that the game doesn't last forever is kind of silly though. 

I get so tired of every MMO forum being filled with overly dramatic THIS GAME IS DYING crap. 

Meanwhile console games take years to develop for roughly a 12 hour experience give or take? Look, that's just the nature of video games; they don't last forever. Warframe isn't an exception and neither is any other game you play. I played FFXI for 7 years and eventually I got tired of that too. 

The point is whether you are enjoying what you're doing, not how long it takes to do it. If you don't like warframe don't play it. Maybe make some notes as to why. Being mad that the game doesn't last forever is kind of silly though. 

I get so tired of every MMO forum being filled with overly dramatic THIS GAME IS DYING crap. 

I've yet to see this forum or other forums where people are screaming an apocalyptic "THIS GAME IS DEAD"-esque rant.

Is this game going downhill? Yes. But it's not dead. By a long shot.

However, it was doing much better in U7 then it is now.

I'd actually like more complicated enemies that don't just fall over after you shoot them in the face. We need more tools to approach enemies and in turn enemies need more elaborate ways to approach us.

instead of approaching us from the front/sides/back...

why not make them attack/confront us by the ceilings/ sewers/ from the floors?

instead of approaching us from the front/sides/back...

why not make them attack/confront us by the ceilings/ sewers/ from the floors?

Walking into a sewer filled with infested gives you slight hesitation due to the limited movement but the weapons/abilities we have at our disposal make this kinda moot. Ceiling however I would love to see some infested crawling the walls/ceilings in alien fashion. More toxic infested variants.