Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Is Seriously Op

TacticalTree

What were you guys thinking? Did noone do the testing before releasing that?

1.It's cheap to make- 50k credits and some mats to make the best weap in the game is not too much, especially if you don't have to find the blueprints.

2. It's too fast- It's a giant sword, yet it swings pretty much at the same rate as longswords. Combine it with 35 normal attack damage and it renders normal longswords obsolete. Why would you choose a longsword if you can have Galatine?

3. Charge damage- 400 damage? TWICE as much as anything else? The charge time isn't even long enough to justify that. 

You can one-shot basically anything up to level 60 with fully modded Galatine. Shields or no shields. Except you don't have to sacrifice anything to do that, you have good attack speed, great charge damage, decent charge speed. 

Yes, I have it, yes, I potatoed it. Yes, it's OP and I think it needs a nerf, because there is no reason to use any other melee at the moment.

Edited by TacticalTree

1.It's cheap to make- 50k credits and some mats to make the best weap in the game is not too much, especially if you don't have to find the blueprints.

2. It's too fast- It's a giant sword, yet it swings pretty much at the same rate as longswords. Combine it with 35 normal attack damage and it renders normal longswords obsolete. Why would you choose a longsword if you can have Galatine?

3. Charge damage- 400 damage? TWICE as much as anything else? The charge time isn't even long enough to justify that. 

You can one-shot basically anything up to level 60 with fully modded Galatine. Shields or no shields. Except you don't have to sacrifice anything to do that, you have good attack speed, great charge damage, decent charge speed. 

Yes, I have it, yes, I potatoed it. Yes, it's OP and I think it needs a nerf, because there is no reason to use any other melee at the moment.

Same with Soma ._.

-snip-

ALL OF MY RAGE

Nerfing melee weapons? Are you serious? The Galatine is nothing like the Acrid. Melee weapons in general become obsolete vs lvl 100+ enemies. The Galatine won't change much.

Now we get a great and usable melee and yet you want to nerf it through the ground.

They should buff the other melee weapons instead of NERF THIS NERF THAT.

Edited by Grulos

They should buff the other melee weapons instead of NERF THIS NERF THAT.

If they buffed other melee weapons, noone would use guns on lower levels, because melee would go through everything like through butter.  Like you can do right now with Galatine. And only Galatine, nothing else.

Level 100 enemies being a tiny portion of the game.

Melee weapons being used solely as vehicles (Zorencopter) is the other portion.

Let's all wait till the Damage System overhaul, then we can start more threads about "NERF THIS, NERF THAT".

The Galatine made the melee weapons usable again... even if it is only 1 sword.

I have many powerful weapons but do I use the most powerful ones at all times, No I don't. Just because I own the most powerful melee weapon in the game doesn't mean I'm only going to use that from now on. I own a acrid pistol but I'd rather use something else when playing most missions. I only use it when I am going to be doing a 20 waves of a T3 Defense mission.  We also need a melee wep we can bring to high level missions. Fact is almost every gun or melee in the game can be OP if you're using the weapon in missions like kappa or lower. So use the strong weapons on Pluto and other tougher levels and mix it up on the mid to lower levels. No one is telling you to bring this new melee to Venus, Mars, Earth etc.. Of course its going to be OP.

1. What do you care? Are you seriously going to cry if someone else has "the best sword in teh game" ? How does that effect you in any way shape or form? It's not like this is a PVP game.

2. It also doesn't stagger, nor does it ignore armor, making it on par with the Orthos Prime in charged dps (Orthos Prime is half the damage at twice the charge speed, and the wiki is wrong as so many people have youtube side to side compare the times). No one choose longswords before the galatine. They have always been underpowered, for if nothing else the inability to hit multiple targets. There are plenty of competetive choices over the Galatine. Namely Zorens, 2x ethers, Orthos / Orthos Prime, Fragor, Ichors, and the list goes on.

3. Yes the charge time justify's it.

For once I am satisfied that a melee weapon is capable of outputting the damage it needs to be even remotely effective. 

It has a slow as butts charge time and who even uses basic swings that aren't helicopter?

In fact i think it could be at least 20% cooler with some new melee animations (a new charge animation would be great) 

Same with Soma ._.

I dont think Soma is OP since it's base damage is a freaking 10!

And the Dev already said in the latest livestream that they want to make high crit chance weapons and they wont nerf Soma...

I dont know why people hate Soma because of the 'OP' since it can be useless againts high level armor enemies and if you hate it that much

please dont use it since there's alot of other weapons that you can use beside Soma..Geezz..Stop complaining..

1. What do you care? Are you seriously going to cry if someone else has "the best sword in teh game" ? How does that effect you in any way shape or form? It's not like this is a PVP game.

I care because maybe I like to have a choice. I'd love to use something else, but it would be sub-par and I would be just hurting myself by using it.

Also, it is a PvP game now that conclave was introduced.

Things are made now with high levels in mind.  Level 60 mobs are low level IMO, so it should one shot them.

I have many powerful weapons but do I use the most powerful ones at all times, No I don't. Just because I own the most powerful melee weapon in the game doesn't mean I'm only going to use that from now on. I own a acrid pistol but I'd rather use something else when playing most missions. I only use it when I am going to be doing a 20 waves of a T3 Defense mission.  We also need a melee wep we can bring to high level missions. Fact is almost every gun or melee in the game can be OP if you're using the weapon in missions like kappa or lower. So use the strong weapons on Pluto and other tougher levels and mix it up on the mid to lower levels. No one is telling you to bring this new melee to Venus, Mars, Earth etc.. Of course its going to be OP.

Make it rare then. Make players work for that, make derelict drop parts of Galatine. Right now all you have to do is buy the BP and you have the best melee in game. 

Edited by TacticalTree