Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Is Seriously Op

TacticalTree

I would say keep the nerf threads down to a minimum until the damage rework as released.

Weapon balance is part of rework, there is a chance that the new weapons which has been released recently are following the standard of normal weapons AFTER the balance patch.

I am fully expecting a massive weapon list of tweaks like update 7x. There is no reason to think that DE would add the other weapons balancing in a piecemeal fashion when they can just do all of them in one update. I think you're right about them making all new* weapons to the new standard.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/17356-update-7x-weapon-balance-notes/

What were you guys thinking? Did noone do the testing before releasing that?

1.It's cheap to make- 50k credits and some mats to make the best weap in the game is not too much, especially if you don't have to find the blueprints.

2. It's too fast- It's a giant sword, yet it swings pretty much at the same rate as longswords. Combine it with 35 normal attack damage and it renders normal longswords obsolete. Why would you choose a longsword if you can have Galatine?

3. Charge damage- 400 damage? TWICE as much as anything else? The charge time isn't even long enough to justify that. 

A 2 second charge time is more than enough to get you killed in higher levels, even with frost or rhino. And the normal deals Blade damage, meaning it is affected by armor and will just be bouncing off grineer and MOAs later on.

Same with Soma ._.

Soma requires 1200 rubedo and 7 morphics not to mention that it now is level-locked at 3. Most noobs I know are not gonna have hordes of mats laying around

Galatine isdefinitely and end-tier weapon  and will most likely be less viable after the armor2.0 system. not to mention that longswords are getting reworked entirely

Oh ok so nerf it to be just like all the other heavy swords right? NO, can you do anything to enemies anove level 80 with scindo? Duel ichores? Fang? Bo? No, so yeah, great idea, just make it so melee weapons are USELESS and does nothing to enemies at some pretty low point... So lets make all swords like that?! No, this is the first sword to be usefull even at higher levels and not causing all of the melee players to return to theyre primery or secondery because they're melee, as much as formas got into it, does NOTHING at that level

I do agree its swing speed should be reduced though to balance it out and compensate. However, I don't agree with significant damage changes because then it just becomes standard and not as unique. It's fun to have a nice sword for a change, instead of using Dread or whatever Stalker's Scythe is. I think other melee weapons need to be reviewed and reworked and have some uniqueness added to them instead. 

If they buffed other melee weapons, no one would use guns on lower levels, because melee would go through everything like through butter.  Like you can do right now with Galatine. And only Galatine, nothing else.

then they need to just change the melee mods to make melee more useable at high levels without it being overpowered at low levels

The Galatine isn't that overpowered thanks to the longer charging time (i.e. a sidegrade heavy melee weapon). The Soma, however, is a bit ridiculous thanks to the conglomeration of stats that basically beat out all other rifles in almost every single role.

Soma is only powerful cuz the crits and need 3 critical mods to be viable in other hand Galatine is plain broken and the "slow" charge attack means nothing.

Are we really having this conversation? Melee as it stands is a very niche playstyle, only good for some support / supplement to your gunslinging (other than Ash and Loki anyway). Galantine is great, can't argue with that. Better than mostly every melee weapon? Maybe. But thats only because every other melee weapon is a subpar choice when you can just pump your target full of lead / darts / rockets / laser beams by the time you could even pull out a sword.

Low base damage in charge weapon....

Slow charge HAHAHA, No.

This weapon has every perk of a others melee in game

Highest charge damage in game: check

6m Knockdown: Check

Hight Rate of Fire for some wierd reason:Check

Hight Critical chance & Damage: Check

Dont need to farm/Praise the RNG gods ?: Check

See this weapon is perfectly balanced *cought*

chill

it has nearly triple! the charge time of orthos (another weapon that you can buy the bp in the market)

so, with orthos you hit in the same time for MORE damage with LESS chance to be interrupted. You also hit the same amount of targets and you alsohave similar, if not superior, reach.

mind you, this is the simple orthos i'm talking about, NOT the prime (which is even better)

Soma is only powerful cuz the crits and need 3 critical mods to be viable in other hand Galatine is plain broken and the "slow" charge attack means nothing.

Galatine is a side-grade, trading an increased charge time with a proportional increase in charge damage. The Soma beats every single rifle in the game (sniper rifles and other weapons focusing on DPH are not included), including the armor-ignoring ones.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Are we really having this conversation? Melee as it stands is a very niche playstyle, only good for some support / supplement to your gunslinging (other than Ash and Loki anyway). Galantine is great, can't argue with that. Better than mostly every melee weapon? Maybe. But thats only because every other melee weapon is a subpar choice when you can just pump your target full of lead / darts / rockets / laser beams by the time you could even pull out a sword.

Someone who gets it. Melee as it currently is, makes it unviable on higher levels. Rather just punch a 3k shot through a persons(several peoples) head(s) every second rather than take the time to run up to a target + the 2 seconds of charge time to (maybe) dish out 2000 damage. 

you guys do know warframes can go invis and have cc.  saying ohh you will die at higher level when waiting for the charge, doesn't play in gameplay.

the guys who can go invi and wait for the charge all benefit more from a weapon that has higher dps than higher burst (since they can more easily stay there and do damage).

Orthos prime has higher dps.

Really, it's a nice weapon, maybe too cheap or easily aquired for what it offers, but nowhere near the "best" weapon. If you try it, even with max mods, you need close to 1.7sec for 1 attack. It may not seem that high, but it is. It's 1.5sec that you can get knockdowned, staggered, killed, drained, etc. Compare that to say a faster charging weapon that it needs closer to 0.8 secs, that means that you have TWICE the chance to not do any damage at all.

Edited by Shroudb

the guys who can go invi and wait for the charge all benefit more from a weapon that has higher dps than higher burst (since they can more easily stay there and do damage).

Orthos prime has higher dps.

Really, it's a nice weapon, maybe too cheap or easily aquired for what it offers, but nowhere near the "best" weapon. If you try it, even with max mods, you need close to 1.7sec for 1 attack. It may not seem that high, but it is. It's 1.5sec that you can get knockdowned, staggered, killed, drained, etc. Compare that to say a faster charging weapon that it needs closer to 0.8 secs, that means that you have TWICE the chance to not do any damage at all.

Fully modded you can get charge attack every 1,3s

Source: I actually have tested this weapon.

1.It's cheap to make- 50k credits and some mats to make the best weap in the game is not too much, especially if you don't have to find the blueprints.

2. It's too fast- It's a giant sword, yet it swings pretty much at the same rate as longswords. Combine it with 35 normal attack damage and it renders normal longswords obsolete. Why would you choose a longsword if you can have Galatine?

3. Charge damage- 400 damage? TWICE as much as anything else? The charge time isn't even long enough to justify that. 

You can one-shot basically anything up to level 60 with fully modded Galatine. Shields or no shields. Except you don't have to sacrifice anything to do that, you have good attack speed, great charge damage, decent charge speed. 

Yes, I have it, yes, I potatoed it. Yes, it's OP and I think it needs a nerf, because there is no reason to use any other melee at the moment.

powercreep as usual!

i´m not denying what u re saying, but the problem is the same as always: DE thinks "live" for warframe means constant content releases, while it might be true that no updates mean death to a f2p game, this game is only growing instead of evolving. THat implies a certain level of powercreep to make new weapons interesting. Of course this is dumb as S#&$, but it´s only the symptom of the problem and not the cause, so what i´m saying is you should rather demand fixing the desease instead of the symptom.^^

Fully modded you can get charge attack every 1,3s

Source: I actually have tested this weapon.

so have i.

in order to do so need to put +charge spped, +charge speed/+lighting damage AND fury. AND it still isn't 1.3sec. It's closer to 1.5 than to 1.4 unless you don't time the actual swing too and you only time the charge up.

Putting fury means no additional elemental damage. the tradeoff for a high damage weapon doesn't seem good, especially since you only gain like 0.2 secs on the total animation time.

so have i.

in order to do so need to put +charge spped, +charge speed/+lighting damage AND fury. AND it still isn't 1.3sec. It's closer to 1.5 than to 1.4 unless you don't time the actual swing too and you only time the charge up.

Putting fury means no additional elemental damage. the tradeoff for a high damage weapon doesn't seem good, especially since you only gain like 0.2 secs on the total animation time.

And you have measured this how...?

You can one-shot basically anything up to level 60 with fully modded Galatine. Shields or no shields. Except you don't have to sacrifice anything to do that, you have good attack speed, great charge damage, decent charge speed. 

Yes, I have it, yes, I potatoed it. Yes, it's OP and I think it needs a nerf, because there is no reason to use any other melee at the moment.

You obviously aren't playing any content over level 30 or simply farming xini. It also doesn't swing remotely as quick as a normal longsword.