Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Is Seriously Op

TacticalTree

If they buffed other melee weapons, noone would use guns on lower levels, because melee would go through everything like through butter.  Like you can do right now with Galatine. And only Galatine, nothing else.

I call bullS#&$! BIG bullS#&$, have u ever tried Orthos Prime? I can use this thing against mobs that are up to lvl 100 with no problems at all, scindo fragor and gram are more limited in that respect because of the dmg output they can deliver and the range but they are still quite decent vs mid lvl enemys and I am not comparing them with rifles, just with other meele weapons....If you used the Orthos Prime or any of those and you still think that they are bad vs low lvls (even up to lvl 65~) I am sorry for you and if not, don't claim other weapons to be bad if you don't bother using them.

On the other hand I think every meele weapon needs a buff to be viable even vs 70+ (midgame).It's risky to meele and it should be a viable option for all frames not only one or two (we are NINJAS afterall). A few meele weaps still shred enemys like paper esp. with loki / rhino. But I would like to use some of the longswords as well. But I don't think those problems I am talking about are interesting untill we know more untill about armor2.0. Maybe it's fine by then.

Also, it is a PvP game now that conclave was introduced.

Even more BULLS#&$ than what u stated before...."this is a PVP game now"....wow SHUT IT. PvP is NOT a part of the balance they should NOT balance it arround a gimmiky PvP. If u think otherwise I seriously hope u just quit the game because it's crying ppl like you without constructive feedback that make reading threads hard and anoying for everyone who is here to think about solutions.

I don't understand why people claim that this Galatine outclasses every other melee wep out there. Dual Ichor stand good in comparison, even if its a different kind of weapon. Note that I'm not stating Galatine is bad, actually, i'm asking you the reasons why you DO consider this sword to be the best one out of those mentioned in the thread. Cause.. might as well start using it lmfao.

How much do you need to spend to get Dual Ichors? How much research, resources etc? Also, mastery rank. I have stated why I think this sword is too good in first post- It doesn't sarcifice anything to get all those stats. 

why have to nerf only one Melee useable in high lv map??? Why???

Why dont buff other, orthos P, reaper P, or fang P?? Why not gram, scindo, frakgor, why non-heavy melee? 

Why?

For a long time, i use melee only for .. break container and dash jump longer. Lol

Increase charge length, increase price of bp, require more gallium, set at r4.

There's your filthy nerf, be happy

Yep, that's what would be good. I'd say set at R6 or above.

(we are NINJAS afterall)

(...)

Even more BULLS#&$ than what u stated before...."this is a PVP game now"....wow SHUT IT(...) crying ppl like you without constructive feedback that make reading threads hard and anoying for everyone who is here to think about solutions.

Oh, so you run around with melee, kunai's and NO GUNS(or powers) AT ALL because that's what ninjas do right?

"Shut it", "OMG BULLS#&$" and then you cry for "constructive feedback". I've stated everything in the first post, you're the one shouting all over the place and thinking it will make your post "constructive". 

So finally we get a good melee weapon and the idiots scream nerf instead of buff.

Humanity at its finest.

You all love sticking with anti-progression and staying pro-regression.

If people like you governed the world then we'd all be single celled organisms...

So finally we get a good melee weapon and the idiots scream nerf instead of buff.

Humanity at its finest.

You all love sticking with anti-progression and staying pro-regression.

If people like you governed the world then we'd all be single celled organisms...

word of the day

"omfg everything sucks endgame buff @#$% up"     "" DE offers a good weapon""      "ASDKJAHTJABFSDK WTF IS this???? its way tooo op, nerf it, buff my @#$%, buff my favorite weapon... etc...." 

Idiots. <3

Edited by Skial

The Galatine is nothing like the Acrid.

The Galatine is like the Acrid in that while the Acrid makes all other guns obsolete, the Galatine makes all other melee weapons obsolete.

Not saying that the Galatine is as overpowered as the Acrid, that's just a silly statement.

Edited by Brimir

"omfg everything sucks endgame buff @#$% up"     "" DE offers a good weapon""      "ASDKJAHTJABFSDK WTF IS this???? its way tooo op, nerf it, buff my @#$%, buff my favorite weapon... etc...." 

Idiots. <3

You know something is really wrong when a market weapon outshines the prime and research ones.

Yep, that's what would be good. I'd say set at R6 or above.

Oh, so you run around with melee, kunai's and NO GUNS(or powers) AT ALL because that's what ninjas do right?

"Shut it", "OMG BULLS#&$" and then you cry for "constructive feedback". I've stated everything in the first post, you're the one shouting all over the place and thinking it will make your post "constructive". 

You think they should balance stuff because of PvP? If you want PvP and a game balanced arround it then look for one warframe is a PvE based game and it should be balanced arround it, your argument was not a single weapon can do what galatine can do on low lvl, that is not true, simple. orthos prime and a lot of other weapons can kill low mobs easy. Btw if meele isnt viable why even bother implementing it? And if you are talking about new players buying it and trashing mobs with it, have fun use a lvl 10 frame without a max redirection and meele stuff, not even rhino can at that stage of the game without streamline flow etc. neither can loki. so yeah your arguments are quite bad tbh :/

Btw I won't bother discussing with you ppl like you are not willing to see the other point and there is no reason at all to waste my time with you.

Edited by SienRenegade

Nah kid, it's not the best melee weapon. Because of the 5 minute charge time, it is out damaged by dual Ichor. It could use a mastery rank requirement increase, but not a nerf. Other melee weapons need buffs to make "E" something other than a self nerf button.

Dual Ichors are far inferior to The Galatine simply because there are far better Charge mods than there are Melee mods.

The Galatine is like the Acrid in that while the Acrid makes all other guns obsolete, the Galatine makes all other melee weapons obsolete.

Not saying that the Galatine is as overpowered as the Acrid, that's just a silly statement.

Funny that this exact thing was claimed when Dual Ether was released. "OMG it makes all other weapons obsolete!"

Nothing like a good old whine thread.

Instead of nerf.

Buff.

Buff the Orthos Prime to 350 charge damage.

Then who is your god again ? :D

How about a slight buff for all meele weapons? So u can actually use them, but again here at that point I want to say: Armor 2.0 is comming so why don't we all chill a bit untill it's here, this update will bring the biggest....controversy anyways since it's screwing with a lot of ppls builds. Orthos Prime 350 charge dmg....well I honestly think it would be too high because of the insane range and arc the OP has, but that is just me and my thoughts on it.

I honestly hope it's a beginning of having great, viable melee weapons across most levels of play.

........For heavens sake though! Increase the mastery rank to make this sword! Like....mastery rank 5 or something like that.

And make it a LOT harder to get I mean u are paying next to NOTHING for that thing. For the orthos prime u at least had to put some (if not the most) work in it to get all the parts.

How about a slight buff for all meele weapons? So u can actually use them, but again here at that point I want to say: Armor 2.0 is comming so why don't we all chill a bit untill it's here, this update will bring the biggest....controversy anyways since it's screwing with a lot of ppls builds. Orthos Prime 350 charge dmg....well I honestly think it would be too high because of the insane range and arc the OP has, but that is just me and my thoughts on it.

Honestly for all the trouble to obtain it, that is worth the buff.

Look what does a regular Orthos or Galatine cost you ?

A material cost that hardly matters.

For Orthos Prime you literally have to worship the RNG.

Heck I am still trying to get a Frost Prime Bp since u8.

Edited by fatpig84