Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NVIDIA Launcher

SnappedPencil

I've been playing Warframe for a while now and the experience has been kinda fun for me. On windows, that is. A while ago my windows computer broke and I had to stop playing Warframe, truly, those were dark times. Luckily, or unluckily, I managed to get my hands on a mac laptop (ik ik, its garbage). Again, I was excited for Warframe, but imagine my dismay when I realized there was no Warframe for mac outside of internet comedy.

Again, my search continued, until I found a program that could run it, NVIDIA's GeForce NOW. This form of cloud gaming was simple enough for me to understand and use with varying levels of success. I guess the whole reason I'm here is, perhaps create a few new options that help cloud gamers such as myself to have a more enjoyable time playing Warframe. One of the few tiny problems I have is that every single time I open Warframe, I have to verify myself with an email password, and while that may not sound too bad, but... I have to do this. Every. Single. Time. For the love of the sweet scary Lotus, PLEASE make an option to turn off verification (at your own risk). A couple of other problems are more noticible, but are either probably too weird to fix, or its the cloud service's fault. For example, sometimes, I forget I'm playing a 3D game and not a top down 8-bit arcade game.

I don't really understand most of the options inside the game, and I haven't really heard about fixing this due to cloud gaming being relatively new(?) If anyone has any solutions for making cloud services run faster, it would be much appreciated if you could share.

I am just newly minted MR11 with only around 50 days in the daily login, so it just might be me being kind of an idiot. 

15 hours ago, SnappedPencil said:

One of the few tiny problems I have is that every single time I open Warframe, I have to verify myself with an email password, and while that may not sound too bad, but... I have to do this. Every. Single. Time. For the love of the sweet scary Lotus, PLEASE make an option to turn off verification (at your own risk).

That's just logging in, like you'd be doing with anything that has an account and personal information. Considering they added that you needed to do 2 factor authentication for trading to protect your account this year, there's no way they're going to remove the ability to log in directly. If someone were playing normally on a laptop and it was stolen, someone could easily clean out their account as well if no password was needed.

11 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

That's just logging in, like you'd be doing with anything that has an account and personal information. Considering they added that you needed to do 2 factor authentication for trading to protect your account this year, there's no way they're going to remove the ability to log in directly. If someone were playing normally on a laptop and it was stolen, someone could easily clean out their account as well if no password was needed.

I don't mean adding a feature where you can log directly into Warframe, but an option to disable the verification notification that you get when using a new computer. I know that most games have this as a precaution and such, but I still think that having the option to turn off email verification for people who log in from a different computer would still be nice. It would be at you're own risk, but even if people are getting their accounts stolen at a more frequent rate, all DE would have to do is add a lock function on your account, where you could log out of everything active, and send a ton of various ways to verify if the owner of the account is still the original owner. But while this does seem pretty simple to me, I have no idea if this is actual high tech solution.