The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Horrendous frame rate drop when entering my orbiter since The Old Blood update

AJman14

I've been getting really bad frame rate every time I enter my orbiter ever since The Old Blood update dropped. It's as if the game is stuck for a minute trying to load something, after which I have fantastic frame rate again.

It may have to do with the many decorations I have, but they haven't caused any performance issues until The Old Blood was released.

Also, for crying out loud, why do I still have to go up to - and nearly touch - my glyph displays for them to load and show their selected glyphs?

I have something similar. It's not so bad in the orbiter, but I'll see intermittent frame drops there. It's a lot more obvious in missions where I'll get intermittent <10 fps for a few seconds. The frequency and length of the bad fps seems to increase the longer I (try to) play, so it becomes near impossible to actually do anything. I didn't have this problem until Friday, and tweaking the graphics options has had no effect.

7 minutes ago, HeartofDragons said:

I have something similar. It's not so bad in the orbiter, but I'll see intermittent frame drops there. It's a lot more obvious in missions where I'll get intermittent <10 fps for a few seconds. The frequency and length of the bad fps seems to increase the longer I (try to) play, so it becomes near impossible to actually do anything. I didn't have this problem until Friday, and tweaking the graphics options has had no effect.

Yeah, I've noticed when first joining missions it'll drop frames, the same as my orbiter, but not as consistently.

Edited by AJman14
  • Like 1

similar issue here - Amd R5 1500X, radeon rx560, 16gb ram, win10 pro v1909

game freezes to load when i log in and a little while after returning to orbiter from completing missoin

during mission when ever a new player joins or lich appears my screen freeze for a while to load then continues as normal

was running fine for the 1st week of old blood no freeze issues but this week after the patch 26.0.6.1 it started

i used to see the lich vanquished/converted notification animation after lich kill before the patch too, now i dont

also due to this loading freeze i dont see the known requirement parazon unlocked that appears after returning to orbiter from murmur farm mission

Edited by Tayef

4 hours ago, ILOHARTA said:

same problem here, went from 250fps average to like 150fps. Meh

I've always had V-sync on, so it never goes above my monitor's refresh rate. That said, I'm getting drops to maybe 5 or 10fps.

GTX 970, I5-3570k, 16GB RAM, Win 7 Ultimate...

And like I said, this has only been since The Old Blood.

Edited by AJman14