Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accidental Heavy Attacks + Life Strike

Area_Of_Effect

Doesn't seem like the proper area to post this, but there wasn't any weapon specific sections. Anyway..

Firstly, since the last update I realized that Long Press for Heavy Attack came back. Major problem though is it seems to work accidentally and is interrupting my combos. Worse yet, the accidental Heavy Attacks are now making me essentially, for no reason, waste the combo counter I was building. Considering you can completely miss any targets and it'll still deplete completely, this problem is exacerbated further.. I thought maybe I was pressing the Melee button too quickly, but then soon realized that it would happen even if I quickly tapped the button once. Then I thought maybe my PC has some stuck keys, but no, the problem persisted no matter where I mapped my Melee button.

It feels like a bug, but if it is intentional, please allow players to use the button they mapped themselves for melee attacks. Holding Melee (if you're adamant about keeping it) should be an option we can turn off. I much prefer where I mapped my keys, and at least then there will be no such thing as an accidental button press or a misinterpretation by the game on whether I want to use the Heavy or not. 

(What made me sure it was more likely a bug was the fact that this does not happen when using exalted weapons. Holding Melee button does nothing.) 

Next issue is Life Strike. 

It seems to work fine on most of my melee weapons so far, but not on the Skiajati. At first I thought it was me missing the enemy, but after testing it, it seems not to matter if I cut the enemy clean in half with one swing. Life Strike works maybe... 10% of the time. I'd do 6 heavy attacks back to back, and I'd see my health hasn't changed at all. Idk if there's another weapon with this issue, but so far it's only on my Skiajati. 

Thank you for your time DE, or any relevant authority. Looking forward to a fix for both issues. 

Edit: Been playing on solo for a while and noticed the Life Strike issue with the Skiajati happens a lot less frequently. Still not sure what's going on or why it happens, but now the success rate is closer to 80% on a hit, maybe more. Still don't see the same problem on other weapons. 

Also the accidental Heavy Attacks almost seemed to get worse. Either that or it's becoming more and more noticeable the more I try to use my melee combos. I remember building a combo up to hit a Lich-Rank 5 Nox Thrall and bam! Random Heavy Attack. Swung at nothing. Sigh....

Edited by Area_Of_Effect
Tested on Solo and Public to see if anything changed.
  • Like 1

have the same issues with the heavy attack. after the last update thoug freiday

if i press w and taping e the hole time, the heavy attack come accidental. some time after 30 sec some time after 2min.

venka prime. inaros

with other keybindings the same issue

sry for my bad english, and thx for a grat game 🙂

Edited by ha_nk82

Can confirm the accidental heavy attacks, that's really annoying.

But the weapon I use the most is the Skiajati, and I have Life Strike on it, and it seems to be working just fine for me. I'll do more testing, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with it.

Edit: After a quick test on Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, I can confirm that, at least on Solo mode, Life Strike seems to be working just fine - I got the healing from 20 consecutive strikes. What I can't rule out is the possibility that this is a client-related issue, since I rarely play with other people.

Edited by Poisonjack
Test results

2 hours ago, Poisonjack said:

Can confirm the accidental heavy attacks, that's really annoying.

But the weapon I use the most is the Skiajati, and I have Life Strike on it, and it seems to be working just fine for me. I'll do more testing, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with it.

Edit: After a quick test on Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, I can confirm that, at least on Solo mode, Life Strike seems to be working just fine - I got the healing from 20 consecutive strikes. What I can't rule out is the possibility that this is a client-related issue, since I rarely play with other people.

It honestly could be client related.. at the moment I can't remember if I was in a squad or solo. I just know I was mostly doing Lich related stuff this past couple weeks and I do those solo. I'll have to check again when I can and make an edit. 

Hope at least the accidental Heavy Attacks is handled though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a bug, If you tap Melee button to fast it will execute a heavy attack. Normally if you hold Melee button it will do heavy attack. Conclusion: If you spam to much melee button sometimes computer will think that you hold Melee button and execute Heavy Attack.

Sorry for bad english tho

• Like 1

On 2019-11-29 at 2:56 PM, QueBedares said:

This is not a bug, If you tap Melee button to fast it will execute a heavy attack. Normally if you hold Melee button it will do heavy attack. Conclusion: If you spam to much melee button sometimes computer will think that you hold Melee button and execute Heavy Attack.

Sorry for bad english tho

I thought this at first, but I've had several instances where I quickly tapped the melee button a single time and was thrown into a Heavy Attack. I even started taking proper care to press the melee button more deliberately, and more slowly, but the problem persisted. Even if it were simply a button spam problem, this would still be best rectified by letting the player map their own keys.