Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Op Y/n?

Dopey

Ask yourself, when's the ;last time you used melee on level 70+ mobs and actually accomplished some damage?

this. it´s not that the gelatine sword is OP, it´s that all other melee weapons are very, very bad. even at low levels. get a skana and try using it to kill enemies on the first mission. very weak, isn´t it?

Ask yourself, when's the ;last time you used melee on level 70+ mobs and actually accomplished some damage?

Glaive one shots level 70 mooks. And it has 150 base charge damage. 

You could have a melee that deals 9001 damage, but it would still be outclassed by guns, because guns mean you can hit from a distance.

Nope, it's really slow, so it compensates for the awesome charge damage. Even if it is OP, I see it being what Vauban was for Warframes.

The "new standard".

I think the really long charge time and lower base damage makes it slightly better.. although 400 is a lot. But still, we need end-game weapons.

No. Slower charge speed than other charge weapons AND a horrible normal attack damage. No.

Not OP at all.

These statements say it all. I would hope they beef up the normal swing damage a little though. Just a tad.

It's somewhat OP. I mean, sure it has a long charge time to compensate for its charge damage, but that can be easily negated using Reflex Coil and Focus Energy. Considering the sword even comes with a - polarity slot, you can have a Rank 4 Reflex Coil by Rank 3 of the sword, which is approximately just one mission of heavy usage. ONE MISSION, and you can already negate almost all of the sword's disadvantages.

The thing is, despite it feeling OP, I don't think it's the DAMAGE that needs to be nerfed. In fact, its normal swinging damage should be raised to a base of 60 or even 75 (justified by lack of armor ignore). However, both its swing speed AND charge speed need to be heavily reduced. Such as a base charge speed of 1.75-2s and 1.0 fire rate (one swing per second). That should make it unique and effective, without being obviously superior to everything else.

Hertyret.jpg

But, no. I don't think it's op. It's balanced with the speed and base damage considered.

The thing with that is, while its BASE speed is relatively low, that can be EASILY modded with reflex coil and focus energy, especially since the sword comes with a - polarity slot. Plus, the low base damage actually just makes it YET another "Spam Charge" melee, which is honestly boring.

They should have made the Galatine more like a proper 2h broadsword. Extremely powerful, but extremely slow. Just read my post above yours and underverse's.

The thing with that is, while its BASE speed is relatively low, that can be EASILY modded with reflex coil and focus energy, especially since the sword comes with a - polarity slot. Plus, the low base damage actually just makes it YET another "Spam Charge" melee, which is honestly boring.

They should have made the Galatine more like a proper 2h broadsword. Extremely powerful, but extremely slow. Just read my post above yours and underverse's.

So it spams the charge attack, does that make it OP?

No, spamming charge attack is boring, a 400 BASE charge damage with a "long" charge time that can easily be modded away is the OP part.

I don't see the problem. Even with full modding, the charge time is still slower than the scindo. Let's not forget that reflex coil works on all melee weapons, not just Galatine.

Edit: I think the problem is that everyone is comparing a modded Galatine to unmodded everything else, and that is not a level playing field. Nobody just has a weapon without mods.

Edited by DarkFireRogue