Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Spy Mission Hack bug

TheFlub

Given the Corpus Spy missions
When going to hack any of the objectives, the hack prompt does not get fulfilled and allows for unlimited hacks.
I was on Jupiter, doing the Almathea story area I thought that the objective just would not complete. Little did I notice that the objective had completed, but it was allowing for unlimited hacks. I force closed the game, so I would not be receiving any of the rewards from this.
This can potentially be exploited for XP and resources and DE should look into this as soon as possible.
Also, recommend that DE puts out a system wide announcement about this just in case newer users do this and get their accounts banned. 
Thank you. 

Edited by TheFlub
added more information for developer

Did this four times just to see what would happen before I bothered to check that affinity did continue to be awarded. DE probably doesn't have an automated method to tell if you're using an exploit like this, but I'm sure they can do so manually. This should definitely be either warned or fixed before some curious players accidentally get themselves banned/unscrupulous players less-accidentally get themselves banned.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention that I've seen this occasionally happen with consoles other than the spy mission ones, but it's not consistent and also barely matters since hacking normal consoles doesn't grant anything significant.

Edited by Exxion
Extra info

Can confirm it works and you get Affinity repeatedly.

It does not seem to give any resources, nor does it seem to "upgrade" the existing resources. It'll say you got an unidentified item, but it'll not give anything past the expected result.

Specifically:

• After succeeding every console, I hacked the final console three times. It gave me the expected A, B, and C reward, instead of extra C or changing the A or B into a C.
  • After failing A and B, I hacked console C three times, resulting in me only getting an A rotation reward for T3 Spy.
  • That said, I got extra Affinity each time I hacked the console.
  • Additionally, I was able to hack the console used to open the door to Spy vault multiple times.
    • NOTE: Other consoles are inconsistent. Most consoles for avoidable doors were not repeatable, but a console here or there for avoidable doors were able to be re-hacked. They don't do anything when hacked again, though.
    • NOTE 2: "Buttons" to disable lasers and the like were not able to be repeatedly used unless expected (i.e. elevators).

EDIT: For an attempt at my own account safety, I did do this while using Spy to farm Affinity, but only for the above details. I never did it beyond those three attempts, though my Vasca Kavat did earn quite a bit of Affinity from this.

EDIT 2: I did one last test, to see if re-hacking any other consoles gave anything extra. I hacked "A" twice before moving on, but it seems no different from hacking B or C multiple times. Rewards are unchanged, but you get Affinity as if you completed a new Spy vault (12k base at Tier 3)

Edited by Adanthordor
Extra info.