Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Surround 7.1 is Off

kwlingo

I play in my entertainment room where I have my big screen and 7.1 Dolby Atmos home theater setup. Does anyone else have a similar setup? My surround works but is off with the sound effects in game. The same noise in front sounds much softer when I turn my back to the object making the noise. I can still hear them but shouldn't they still be of the same level of noise, not sounding softer as if they were at a distance? Or is this just because they need to compensate for headphones or two way speakers, so they just do their best of creating the surround sound effect?

If DE is working vigorously on the realism graphics, I believe the sound effects should be accommodated as well. If something is right next to my behind me, I'd like to hear that. Along if they are at a far distance to the back also. Not sure if they are going working on this but have not heard anything as of yet.

Or is there an option tab for headphones, 2.1, 5.1, or 7.1 speaker setup in options?

I use Sennheiser GSP 600's with a GSX 1000 amp and had the same problem. The GSX 1000 handles the processing for me now and everything is fine since I got it, but there doesn't appear to be any native 7.1 surround from the game itself. You can reference the following redit article for a workaround that seems like it would apply to your situation without an independent DAC.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@M3tallius I not exactly sure which update it was but now all 7.1 speakers work the sound is fixed on distance effect. It sound so much more real then previously. I didn't read into the hot-fixes but I'm wondering if it automatically figures out if you have headphones, desktop, 2.1, 5.1 or 7.1 surround now? Im just glad they made it sound so much better.