Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich missioning

Kitsushadow

As I queue up a Kuva Lich mission, it occurred to me that what we need is a way to set the public gaming mode so that we can be auto-recruited to join other kuva lich missions. As it currently stands, either you're doing it solo, or with people you invited in. You can't just set it to "public" and draw in a random pull. And that greatly limits the ability for the player to maximize both their kuva play capacity and their ability to help the playerbase. There should be an option to set "Public - Kuva" for people who want to be pulled into public kuva questing.

2 minutes ago, Kitsushadow said:

You can't just set it to "public" and draw in a random pull. And that greatly limits the ability for the player to maximize both their kuva play capacity and their ability to help the playerbase.

... Does it, really? Because I don't feel limited.

Players all have different planets/nodes under influence of their liches. When you are lucky, you will have a start with a team already, which means you are wrong about your argument going only with people you invited.

Oh, by the way, did you not get the memo? This is "Your Own Personal Enemy" hunt. That is why they want us start the hunt, then ask for help from other tenno.

What you need is to try each node in your planet under influence, and see if you join someone else's mission. Else you start a mission you can possibly do alone, and then wait few minutes at the beginning for others to join. There are thousands of players and there are always some of them having same nodes as you have. Then you can team-talk so to continue few more missions together. And also when your lich levels up, you have more planets at your disposal. Considering a hunt goes 3-6 hours long, checking nodes for a few minutes are nothing compared to. 

Now , go for the eyes fellow tenno, good luck 😉

• 1 month later...
On 2019-11-19 at 6:47 PM, Uhkretor said:

... Does it, really? Because I don't feel limited.

I haven't had a problem yet but to OP's point, if we can't  randomly have players join the game then nodes that require more than one player, like interception, shouldn't be made kuva lich nodes. They're easy enough on lower level planets but the harder ones become difficult to control on your own. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)r37r0 v1ru5 said:

I haven't had a problem yet but to OP's point, if we can't  randomly have players join the game then nodes that require more than one player, like interception, shouldn't be made kuva lich nodes. They're easy enough on lower level planets but the harder ones become difficult to control on your own. 

Possibly, for the average player.... But, again, I don't feel limited by it. I haven't run any star chart mission besides Lich missions since the first Lich I've made.

14 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Possibly, for the average player.... But, again, I don't feel limited by it. I haven't run any star chart mission besides Lich missions since the first Lich I've made.

Well, it isn't meant to be only for experienced veterans of the game who have multiple frames, all outfitted for endgame with weapon kits to compliment them who take take on 100 level missions and clear it in minutes. If you don't have a problem, good for you. You clearly have a great setup in order to do so. However not everyone does and if it's released to everyone without any form if gating beyond completing certain quests then this is something that should be considered and resolved, either by removing the node types in question from the pool of possible kuva lich nodes or by allowing the ability match with other players also playing kuva lich missions on that node, like OP suggested, with the ability the ability to face off against your own personal lich if RNG decides they're making an appearance that mission. Other tenno can help bring it to its knees but only you can finish it off. You'll still have the ability to solo it if you choose but it's only fair to everyone else to have that option if they want it. After all, take me for example, I'm on my first lich. I'm loving it so far but I didn't go out trying to make one. I hadn't even learned how yet, I'd been concentrating on gathering things to build my railjack. In mission, a larva appeared and I killed it without realizing it, now boom, I have a lich and the doors to this aspect of the game are now open to me. I imagine I'm not the only one this has happened to and some people may not be able to do it on their own. I do alright, I'm still kinda midlevel but people who haven't made it where I'm at may have difficulty on their own. 

... I might be misunderstood here. I don't know if people do it on purpose when I don't write walls of text, or if its for another reason... But let me try another approach here...

On 2019-11-20 at 12:43 AM, Kitsushadow said:

You can't just set it to "public" and draw in a random pull. And that greatly limits the ability for the player to maximize both their kuva play capacity and their ability to help the playerbase.

There isn't a specific definition to pull from Public people that are going to do just Lich missions. The node itself acts as a filter, because pretty much only those that actually want/need to run those will be selected.

19 hours ago, (XB1)r37r0 v1ru5 said:

You said it yourself, you haven't had a problem yet. The rest of the answer is behind this quote.

However, to add to the answer, Interception missions don't really require you to kill enemies. They require you to capture towers. So, for players that usually blast through non-endless missions as if the Solar System is going to implode in the next 10 seconds, wasting time killing enemies on Interception missions is stupid.

Well, it isn't meant to be only for experienced veterans of the game who have multiple frames, all outfitted for endgame with weapon kits to compliment them who take take on 100 level missions and clear it in minutes.

Its true, it isn't meant for just for those. I mean, you have vets that actually know how to play the game, in which they play the game with any Warframe and any weapon, and have a decent to high performance in a lvl100 mission.

However, in my personal case, I only have 1 Primary weapon, 1 Secondary weapon, 1 Melee, a crap load of pets that are in stasis and/or stored away (when applicable) in which I'm consciously not using, and 1 Warframe.

If you don't have a problem, good for you.

Right, good for me.

But I'm not boasting, and here's why. I usually run Solo, because no one is reliable. "How can you expect any reliability if you aren't reliable yourself?" I am reliable, but the way I run my missions enters in direct conflict with how everyone apparently run their missions.

You clearly have a great setup in order to do so.

I know. After all, pretty much everyone wants Meta, and my build can have equal performance or better... And its an old build, that was done back on U7, and I hardly use my warframe abilities.

However not everyone does and if it's released to everyone without any form if gating beyond completing certain quests then this is something that should be considered and resolved, either by removing the node types in question from the pool of possible kuva lich nodes or by allowing the ability match with other players also playing kuva lich missions on that node, like OP suggested, with the ability to face off against your own personal lich if RNG decides they're making an appearance that mission. Other tenno can help bring it to its knees but only you can finish it off.

It already does that. XB1 has Empyrean, right?

Then the trigger to activate a Lich is optional now. Execute a Mercy Kill on a Larvling and the Lich is born. Also, you can use the answer to the 1st quote as a complementary answer to this one.

You're right, Liches can be shot down and brought to its knees by other players, but the player that owns the Lich is the one that has to stab it. There's no other way around it. However, if someone doesn't want to stab the Lich, they can just bring the Lich down to its knees 3 times in a row for it to disappear.

You'll still have the ability to solo it if you choose but it's only fair to everyone else to have that option if they want it. After all, take me for example, I'm on my first lich. I'm loving it so far but I didn't go out trying to make one. I hadn't even learned how yet, I'd been concentrating on gathering things to build my railjack. In mission, a larva appeared and I killed it without realizing it, now boom, I have a lich and the doors to this aspect of the game are now open to me.

The idea of being "personal" is that the Lich's reacts to your Parazon and not someone else's. Think of it like the Profit-Taker's shield damage vulnerability phases, but instead of being tied to damage types, its tied to your Parazon.

Having an option for someone else to stab your Lich and take away one of its health bars would break the entire purpose of "personal" behind the whole system. The Lich would become just another Field Boss with the added schtick of needing the Parazon to die.

During The Old Blood update, however, creating Liches weren't optional. They were RNG.

I imagine I'm not the only one this has happened to and some people may not be able to do it on their own. I do alright, I'm still kinda midlevel but people who haven't made it where I'm at may have difficulty on their own. 

Yep, you weren't the only one that had their Lich created without them knowing. There's an entire encyclopedia of threads by PC players complaining about it, hence why its now "optional" to make one.

The Lich system is designed to strain players in order to squeeze out their top performance on all aspects. This includes both ingame and behind the controls. They aren't meant for unprepared players, yet those that had Liches created during The Old Blood are anything but prepared and are hurrying themselves to be prepared for their respective Liches... But, one thing is having the equipment but not the Requiem Mods for it.

Having no equipment, Requiem Mods, and/or player skills for it is something entirely different... And that 3rd thing I mentioned, that's such a weird concept nowadays, that makes the difference in Warframe and connects all those tiny things (equipment, mods, warframes) into a huge force against all those factions.

No one is the same, both ingame and behind the controls. Everyone is different, plays differently, acts and/or reacts differently, etc differently, its unavoidable and its that variety that makes an Online game Online. So, I hope that this will explain better about why I don't feel limited, and why I'm not disagreeing with anyone.

Edited by Uhkretor