Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing needs to be its own Alert type.

MysticDragonMage

There needs to be more archwing alerts in order to motivate more players to progress in its content. that is not to say that developers should consider giving us archwing alerts more often when they could just give us regular missions. i would like these alerts to be added-on if that makes any sense.

it would be beneficial for regular Archwing missions to have its own alert tab, just as sorties, fissures, regular alerts, and invasions do. these alerts could be repeated multiple times and potentially must be completed multiple times in order to receive awards.

as i have stated earlier, progressing in archwing would be a lot more rewarding than it is now if this feature is added. whenever a player comes across a high-leveled archwing alert they never bothered to prepare for, it would motivate them to progress in order to complete these missions more easily. that alone would make archwing progression more satisfying too.

i'm confident that this would be the result because it is a familiar feeling, is it not? progressing until you are ready to accept higher level alerts that reward more high quality rewards. this is what alerts in general present to the game.

i am aware that Railjack will present more utility to archwing. however, i'd like to think that the Railjack update should benefit Railjack more than anything. saying otherwise is like saying open worlds presented more utility to archwing just because they were optional to use.

if anything is going to enhance the archwing experience, it would be archwing-focused missions, not within other features where they are simply optional to use.

Archwings 100% needs their own "special missions". I just got my first non-standard Archwing and I'm surely not gonna do standard missions on repeat to level gear that I don't actually use. I know Archwing is not everybodys cup of tea, and I have to agree, but my first Archwing mission ever was surely a wow! effect. Archwing definately needs some love. Hopefully with the big-spaceship-thing they announced at Tennocon?

• Like 1

Archwing movement needs fixing, first and foremost. Second, alerts were bad, that's why they disappeared. Closest we have is the razorback armada where we have to farm archwing for Cryptographic ALU or whatever it's called.

Run some quick archwing sabotage when you get an affinity booster, you level your gear up pretty quickly, or wait for Empyrean for more archwing content.

I love playing in an archwing and would appreciate another AW-related update with some content focused on it.

However, many players hate it with passion. In the current state of the game, AW missions restrict the player too much. They're often done inside a tube network or in empty space, with the objective being a spot.

Orb Vallis bounties are my favorite AW missions, but enemies somehow always have their Instant-anti-air, forcing you to play them as a foot soldier.
Now that I think of it, some enemies spend more time flying than I do! And they get to activate their own gear/abilities while flying (anti-air, nullifiers, eximus abilities)!

What's preventing me from casting Volt's Shield while flying?! Why can't I use my Gravimag-upgraded Grattler while flying?!

I'll make my own topic for this and quote myself there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GruntBlender said:

Archwing movement needs fixing, first and foremost. Second, alerts were bad, that's why they disappeared. Closest we have is the razorback armada where we have to farm archwing for Cryptographic ALU or whatever it's called.

Run some quick archwing sabotage when you get an affinity booster, you level your gear up pretty quickly, or wait for Empyrean for more archwing content.

i argue that the first priority should be to give us something worthwhile to play before improving the gameplay (or both). Even with an improved movement, there is no guarantee players will continue to play standard archwing missions. i personally think the movement is decent at most. the only reason I cant bring myself to repeat standard archwing missions is because they offer a lot less rewards than regular ground missions.

i've already mentioned railjack toward the end of the OP, but let me go into more detail about this.

I do not believe railjack simply including archwing will improve archwing.

the developers tried once with sharkwing, another time with a raid boss, twice with open worlds, and once more with grounded arch-guns, hoping that simply including archwing within various gameplay features would improve it somehow. it didn't.

the true issue with standard archwing missions is that its an optional gameplay feature that presents no long-term or exclusive reward for the player. if completing standard archwing missions had the chance to reward players with useful resources, then its obvious that people would play standard archwing much more often.

Hey! Heavy guns being usable in atmospheric conditions with gravity are the coolest thing that happened in a while! Well... Not that it made much sense since we could operate them underwater in the same gravity, anyway.

But they are in no way related to archwing combat. You can't even equip one while flying through the Plains.

Edit: I don't mean to bash at you. It's just that I don't think the devs cared for AW when they implemented them into Plains or Vallis. Or when they added heavy guns. They aimed to improve other aspects by using AW stuff, not vice versa. They succeded in that.

Edited by Uthael

7 minutes ago, Uthael said:

Hey! Heavy guns being usable in atmospheric conditions with gravity are the coolest thing that happened in a while! Well... Not that it made much sense since we could operate them underwater in the same gravity, anyway.

But they are in no way related to archwing combat. You can't even equip one while flying through the Plains.

Edit: I don't mean to bash at you. It's just that I don't think the devs cared for AW when they implemented them into Plains or Vallis. Or when they added heavy guns. They aimed to improve other aspects by using AW stuff, not vice versa. They succeded in that.

oh dont get me wrong. atmospheric arch guns are awesome. i was only refering to how they've failed to make archwing more interesting. and while they are not directly related to archwing as you say, they did originate from archwing.

1 hour ago, MysticDragonMage said:

i argue that the first priority should be to give us something worthwhile to play before improving the gameplay

I argue that adding new content without improving mechanics will expose more players to bad mechanics and force them to interact with bad mechanics to experience new content. This will lead to a lot of dissatisfaction and complaints.

Fixing the mechanics first would allow them to quietly test and polish the mechanics, gradually introducing more integration into the system, like nightmare missions or fissures. Then, when players are comfortable with the system, drop new content and revel in the praise.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GruntBlender said:

I argue that adding new content without improving mechanics will expose more players to bad mechanics and force them to interact with bad mechanics to experience new content. This will lead to a lot of dissatisfaction and complaints.

Fixing the mechanics first would allow them to quietly test and polish the mechanics, gradually introducing more integration into the system, like nightmare missions or fissures. Then, when players are comfortable with the system, drop new content and revel in the praise.

i dont see strong basis for this. more players will play archwing if the movement is improved? let me tell you something.

back then, many asked for these same things. "improve movement. add more weapons. improve mechanics. add more missions. include archwing more often".

my point is that developers have tried to improve archwing's mechanics and the result is what we have today.

so taking that into account, what difference would it make now?(or quite literally right this moment since the recent update JUST updated archwing movement.)

Edited by MysticDragonMage

3 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

i dont see strong basis for this. more players will play archwing if the movement is improved? let me tell you something.

back then, many asked for these same things. "improve movement. add more weapons. improve mechanics. add more missions. include archwing more often".

my point is that developers have tried to improve archwing's mechanics and the result is what we have today.

so taking that into account, what difference would it make now?(or quite literally right this moment since the recent update JUST updated archwing movement.)

Seems I've been proven right then, or at least proven that the devs think the same way I do. They fixed the movement system before dropiing the new content for AW. Now I and many others are looking forward to the new content all the more, rather than dreading the possibility of a grind through terrible mechanics. Now, the reaction to a new AW mission will be less of an "F that" and more "Yay, new content!" Just look at all the complaints about the lich system, changing the movement system has likely prevented a good chunk of the same happening with new AW content.

21 hours ago, GruntBlender said:

Seems I've been proven right then, or at least proven that the devs think the same way I do. They fixed the movement system before dropiing the new content for AW. Now I and many others are looking forward to the new content all the more, rather than dreading the possibility of a grind through terrible mechanics. Now, the reaction to a new AW mission will be less of an "F that" and more "Yay, new content!" Just look at all the complaints about the lich system, changing the movement system has likely prevented a good chunk of the same happening with new AW content.

are you sure!?

already in general feedback people are not satisfied with these new changes and are even more discouraged to play archwing now more than ever. experimental flight was removed and a lot of people heavily relied on it. reports say that we are no longer able to use fun aerodynamic maneuvers anymore.

and worst of all.THE FEEDBACK IS JUST ABOUT THE MOVEMENT!!!!!

what exactly would prove you right would be more feedback on archwing's actual missions and their lack of reward. what would actually prove you right is more people playing standard archwing missions. im not saying that no one plays archwing's standard missions anymore, but the total number of people who do has not risen in the slightest.

even more worse is that people are saying that they prefer the old movement back. at the same time, they want yet another update to the movement (how long did this one take?)

history is admittedly repeating itself.

my feedback on the new mechanics are generally the same but in more support for the new system. i do like it how all archwings can now use blink and i like the speed management during an afterburn. i personally like doing a backward flip after passing a lot of enemies to instantly slow down and i do like it how a sidways dodge is easier to execute. downsides are that experimental flight is now gone and the fun maneuvers are also gone. i just think that archwing needs its own independent controls and a new "mode shift" that allows us to freely move like before.

i still do not see myself playing standard archwing missions long-term unless i have a weapon or archwing to level-up for mastery. i see no other reason to play standard archwing other than the fact that space battles are fun. archwing is still not going to attract the majority of players who would play anything for the resources. this was my opinion and my main argument before. it still is.

updated movement made no difference.

PS: im only saying these things because people had the idea that better archwing movement will somehow save archwing and never really cared about or considered its core gameplay to begin with (standard archwing missions).

2 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

even more worse is that people are saying that they prefer the old movement back. at the same time, they want yet another update to the movement (how long did this one take?)

Not old. No matter how fun it is once you got used to it, it was still too steep of a learning curve for many to get used to. (But yeah, I do want it all back xD Both, blink spam and the manuvers)

2 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

updated movement made no difference.

Updated movement made A LOT of difference. For many people, this sluggish movement is an improvement. To me, it's like driving a motorcycle with training wheels. In order to help me not fall, it won't let me bank in curves.

So, yes to another movement update. Or implement an "ancient" version of AWs. An experimental series, made before Primes. With a bit more unrefined control scheme.
Anyone played GTA:Vice City? Remember how difficult it was to get the hang of flying that RC helicopter to plant the bombs? I LOVED it.

2 minutes ago, Uthael said:

Not old. No matter how fun it is once you got used to it, it was still too steep of a learning curve for many to get used to. (But yeah, I do want it all back xD Both, blink spam and the manuvers)

Updated movement made A LOT of difference. For many people, this sluggish movement is an improvement. To me, it's like driving a motorcycle with training wheels. In order to help me not fall, it won't let me bank in curves.

So, yes to another movement update. Or implement an "ancient" version of AWs. An experimental series, made before Primes. With a bit more unrefined control scheme.
Anyone played GTA:Vice City? Remember how difficult it was to get the hang of flying that RC helicopter to plant the bombs? I LOVED it.

i like the new movement too, but what difference is it making to archwing's standard missions besides the fact that flying is better within them?

standard archwing missions (space missions) have little to no reward or replay-ability. they are fun, but they have no better rewards than the what you would normally get in regular missions (and potentially rail jack). i see no point in playing them unless for leveling up gear for mastery and/or because space battles are fun. standard archwing is not (or has ever been) attracting a major part of the community that play missions for high quality rewards.

i am suggesting to take standard archwing missions (space battles) and turn them into a new special alert type to:

• reward players for completing these special alerts.
  • attract a larger amount of the community interested in loot
  • make progressing in archwing far more rewarding
  • potentially give us more archwing mission difficulty variety.

those are FOUR big differences simple archwing themed special alerts can make.

5 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

already in general feedback people are not satisfied with these new changes

All of ten people that used to play old AW are dissatisfied, every time something is changed a few people will be dissatisfied.

5 hours ago, MysticDragonMage said:

the total number of people who do has not risen in the slightest

Source please. I'd like to see the data.

18 hours ago, GruntBlender said:

Source please. I'd like to see the data.

do you have any evidence that proves many people will only now suddenly give archwing a chance after the movement system was changed? even though this isn't the first time movement has been "improved"?

i am not making claims based on statistical evidence. i am making these claims based on observation and history. the real reason people refuse to dedicate so much time to standard archwing missions is because archwing lacks reward, replay-ability, and motivation to progress in its content. that issue has remained unsolved since archwings introduction. history wise, again, this is not the first time the developers worked this hard to make archwing relevant. the inclusion of archwing within certain features, improved movement, and more equipment; it has all been done at least once already. while we can appreciate what they have done thus far (i know i do), the popularity for standard archwing missions has remained unchanged since. why would it change now?

i am making claims based on statistical evidence

Present it.

do you have any evidence that proves many people will only now suddenly give archwing a chance

I haven't made that claim, you're putting words in my mouth, as it were.