Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue v.2 - Slave Ship Liberation (Possible Raid Idea)

Mikhael222

It would be so epic if we had a mass combat mission type that was like Rescue, but much bigger.  Instead of rescuing one person in one holding cell while fighting off a few guards, why not have a mission type where we raid an entire slave ship - let's say, for example, Nef Anyo's debt slaves.  We rescue maybe 30 people in 5 or 6 holding cells.  And while that's happening, enemy units are spawning as rapidly as they do in sanctuary onslaught, making this a very fast-paced mission.

EDIT: Needed to Add Suggested Steps to Clarify Why This is Not Defection

1. You break into the slave ship

2. Hack into the computer system to locate the holding cells.

3. Raid the ship and free the Prisoners while fighting large hordes of enemy units (Set a Time Limit to Speed Up Gameplay And Make It More Intense)

4. Send the prisoners in pods back to your Railjack.

5. Sabotage the slave ship.

6. Escape Via Archwing.

Edited by Mikhael222

3 hours ago, GruntBlender said:

That's defection, but corpus. Have you played defection?

Many times, and no -- I am not suggesting another version of Defection.  Defection is slow-paced and a little obnoxious with the constant stops in between and with the constant back and forth.

Re-read the original post.....

Edited by Mikhael222

I read the topic then re-read the OP. That's defection.

As demonstrated in Orb Vallis, Corpus can beam down squads from their ships to open areas. Gets serious once you raise the wanted level. Grineer tend to enter with "breach pods". I wouldn't overuse the idea of an enemy spawning en-masse because that technology would influence the lore much. And "why not use it everywhere?!".

Many of us find defection annoying. And you sem excited about the idea. Please, give PRECISE feedback about what's wrong with defection. Increasing the spawn rates would achieve the same result as enemies spawning anywhere.

3 hours ago, Uthael said:

Many of us find defection annoying. And you sem excited about the idea.

This isn't defection.  This is a fast-paced, mass combat version of Rescue that I feel would make a great Raid.  An attack on Nef Anyo's slave ships would awesome.

The problem with Defection is that it is slow-paced, you are constantly interrupted at stopping points, and you have to keep going back and forth.  The Raid-type I suggest would have none of that if done well.  Also, this type of Raid would be very well-suited toward the Railjack game mode in my opinion.

Simplified Steps:

1. You break into the slave ship

2. Hack into the computer system to locate the holding cells.

3. Raid the ship and free the Prisoners while fighting large hordes of enemy units.

4. Send the prisoners in pods back to your Railjack.

5. Sabotage the slave ship.

6. Escape Via Archwing.

I guess I should have added these suggested steps earlier.  I'm sorry for not being detailed.  I'll edit the original post.

• Like 1