The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban, A Huge Disapointment?

RAZORLIGHT

i recently got vauban and i have to say... he is pretty UP

his only good power is bastille which was nerfed and his damage skills scale extremely bad

he should be alot better for the "hardest to get" warframe and i hope damage 2.0 will help most warframes to be viable again.

please tell me your opinion about vauban.

edit: few examples for well balanced frames:

Nova (great caster frame, her ult is probably a bit too strong)

Mag (got recently buffed)

Rhino (great skills overall good frame)

Nyx (controlling enemies, scales perfectly)

but thats it already

edit2: to all l2p kids, i dont ask for a huge roflpwn buff but for slight adjustments to his damage skills (like mag recently)!

Edited by RAZORLIGHT

I still think he's pretty good. Tesla could definitely use a damage buff for later levels, and now that vortex doesn't affect players I do kind of wish it had a bigger range, but otherwise his powers are still decent. They seem to work best in tangent with other frame's abilities, which is probably a good thing really since it is a co-op game.

I honestly haven't even noticed the Bastille nerf and it's still works in a panic when you need to revive someone. Even if Tesla's damage doesn't scale, the stun still works, so I wouldn't say it's completely useless either. Super bounce is still fun to troll Heavy Units and afk players, though I wish the bounce pad wouldn't stick to enemies, kinda makes it detrimental to your teammates.

jesus christ what is wrong with you ppl

how about telling me/us what we should do

l2p, great answers maybe for idiots/kids

Fact is there is really no way to explain to somebody how to play him, it has to come from experience or being shown.

He is centred completely around CC and in that way is totally different than playing most other frames.

But once you get the hang of it, he is devastating in the right hands.

Edit: Let me make it completely clear that I am not saying "Learn to play the game loser." or anything like that. I am just saying Vauban is unique.

Edited by Silraed

I think Vauban is mostly used for his stunning and stalling abilities. Tesla can momentarily stop some enemies, vortex can pull them in a different direction, and bounce can throw enemies away. 

have i ever mentioned he is bad at CCing?

guess not, i said buff his damage skills a bit so that they scale better later on!

jesus christ what is wrong with you ppl

how about telling me/us what we should do

l2p, great answers maybe for idiots/kids

Shut up. ._.

I have almost have Vauban. I only need his helmet. Don't dash my hopes of him being amazing D;

He is amazing. People are just butt-hurt because his bastille isn't overpowered anymore, just throw 2-3 down. Vortex is probably his best new defensive skill because it doesn't affect teammates anymore. He's a different type of frame, learn to use his abilities.

Edited by Ayliax

nova is well balanced except her ult!

Ie she's not balanced.

I find it ironic you're raging at people telling you  to l2p when vauban is easily one of the most straight forward frames in the game.

Edited by Aggh

From my personal experiences, Vauban is still strong, just try to be a little more creative with his abilities. Stick half a dozen teslas to a rhino and have him run through enemies, stick bastilles at chokepoints and go crazy with an Ogris, stick on heavy impact for your bouncepads, get a Nyx to absorb, then just before it pops use your vortex to keep the enemies from getting free hits. Those are a couple ideas off the top of my head. Try different mod setups, I have a Nyx setup that uses reflection and parry as core mods. Experiment.

because it is a waste to explain next Nova-kid that damage will fall off, when utility will remain.

so i am a nova kid now lol

you know what  just stfu

DE will decide if vauban needs a buff or not

topic closed (for me)

ps. what a S#&$ty community, i guess thats a F2P habit