The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Video crashes since 26.1

Darth_BOR

Hey everyone.

My video driver crashes since 26.1 every time I'm getting my feet into the Derelicts. Seem to be crashing more frequently in some exact rooms.

It wasn't too stable with some graphics enabled though. I've been posting related complaints to support and got no sane answer. So I've just disabled everything I could in the Display part of settings menu and been able to run relatively troublem-free. But it looks like it has gone from bad to worse. I've nothing left to switch off.

According to minimum requirements outlined on Steam store page I should to be able to run the game at least. If anyone ever bothers: I got 2 of ASUS 550ti in SLI.

I have already tried to: ask for help on the support site, purge and reinstall video drivers, repair game, test memory, run chkdsk and read SMART data, check temperatures of all the hardware even during the operation, check power supply (I got 1kW supply unit if that matters), reinstall шindoшs (running a fresh all-new-and-up-to-date installation right now (if someone believes in woodoo magic and thinks this matters much)), eat pills and reassemble my wretched body, declock video hardware to nvidia reference levels and all of that seem to have no effect.

So DE, will you be so kind and make your graphics work or should I just go?

With perplexity,

D.

P.S.: And now some sick bastard just opens me a "check your S#&$ page" every time.

Edited by Darth_BOR

1 hour ago, Darth_BOR said:

Hey everyone.

My video driver crashes since 26.1 every time I'm getting my feet into the Derelicts. Seem to be crashing more frequently in some exact rooms.

It wasn't too stable with some graphics enabled though. I've been posting related complaints to support and got no sane answer. So I've just disabled everything I could in the Display part of settings menu and been able to run relatively troublem-free. But it looks like it has gone from bad to worse. I've nothing left to switch off.

According to minimum requirements outlined on Steam store page I should to be able to run the game at least. If anyone ever bothers: I got 2 of ASUS 550ti in SLI.

I have already tried to: ask for help on the support site, purge and reinstall video drivers, repair game, test memory, run chkdsk and read SMART data, check temperatures of all the hardware even during the operation, check power supply (I got 1kW supply unit if that matters), reinstall шindoшs (running a fresh all-new-and-up-to-date installation right now (if someone believes in woodoo magic and thinks this matters much)), eat pills and reassemble my wretched body, declock video hardware to nvidia reference levels and all of that seem to have no effect.

So DE, will you be so kind and make your graphics work or should I just go?

With perplexity,

D.

P.S.: And now some sick bastard just opens me a "check your S#&$ page" every time.

What are the rest of your PC specs?

6 hours ago, Darth_BOR said:

I got 2 of ASUS 550ti in SLI

One of your graphics card might be dying.

Device manager, Display adapters, if you have 2, disable just one of them. If screen goes black out or game won't run, plug the monitors to the other GPU and try again. If video still crashes, go to device manager, enable one and disable the other, and plug monitor to the other GPU. If crashes stop, then maybe turn off, open computer, unplug a graphics card that isn't connected to monitor.

OR, Turn off computer, remove one GPU, turn on and run Warframe. If it still crashes, switch to the other GPU.

Does this fix your video crashes?

More to add: If unsure how to remove or install graphics card, There are videos that shows how to open computer and remove and install graphics card. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=install+PCI+express+graphics+card

NVidia 550 Ti graphics card is more then 8 years old.
User benchmark website shows NVidia 550 Ti is slower then a low end NVidia GT 1030 GDDR5 2GB, a newer graphics card I have. https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-550-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GT-1030/3161vsm283726

Edited by sam686
added more to add information