The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

ERROR 10054 (chat server)

bryantrock

Every time I can, that annoying error comes out, it really bothers me. I manage to send a message, and this message comes out that in the end nobody can read it and I waste my time. I hope they solve it and very soon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14rRT__t0DrsezAe2MkfU547MNVAPgZvt/view?usp=sharing

Edited by bryantrock
to be able to insert the image.

I been getting it for a long time, maybe for a year now and suport said it was some application in the background doing stuff. I did some tests and ended up being some application but I could not find out which one so I left it as it is. 

Here is what support wrote to me:

Spoiler

It seems something on your PC is blocking the connection attempt (usually a firewall or other security program).

Please add an exception to all of your firewall and anti-virus software (including Windows Firewall) for the "Launcher.exe", "Warframe.x64.exe", and "Warframe.exe". Also please make sure to check your proxy settings: search for Internet Options on the Windows Control Panel, click on the “Connections – LAN Settings” tab and make sure that the “use automatic configuration script” and “proxy server” options are UN-checked.

Third-party programs running in the background can interfere with the normal functioning of Warframe and may even prevent it from running at all. By temporarily disabling these programs from booting, they can be eliminated as the source of the problem. Please try following the steps below:

1. Please press Windows key and R key on your keyboard at the same time
  2. In the new Run window popped up, type msconfig, and hit Enter
  3. On the General tab of the System configuration window, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box.
  4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
  5. Note: This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
  6. Click OK, and then click Restart.

When you boot your computer in Selective Startup, you are disabling every application that normally starts up with your computer. This may include firewall and security software that you would normally want to have on. After you are finished testing, you should re-enable your security software in msconfig.exe. Please follow these steps to reset the computer to start normally.

1. Please press Windows key and R key on your keyboard at the same time
  2. In the new Run window popped up, type msconfig, and hit Enter
  3. On the General tab of the System configuration window, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
  4. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Please let me know the results, thanks!

My reply:

Spoiler

Firewall settings for Warframe Steam is checked on Private while Public is not checked. The Connections are just as you have said, I have no proxy used and use automatic configuration script is also not checked.
By disabling all services that are not from microsoft after around 45minutes and a few missions I did not get the error and came ot a conclusion that the error would not happen then. After that I reverted back to what I had before the changes and I did get the error. After that I did a Normal Startup and after a few missions and around 30 minutes I did get the error.

I did one more additional test as I did it wrong before. I did disable all services besides the microsoft ones and picked Normal Startup and after a few missions and around 50 minutes it did not show the error.

and the reply from support

Spoiler

Hello AwkwardLazarow,

It sounds like something in your background applications is causing the issue in this case. You will need to enable them one by one to find the cultprit and then address the issue with that software.

Good luck out there.

I suggest contacting them yourself at https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

hace 10 minutos, Lazarow dijo:

Lo he estado obteniendo durante mucho tiempo, tal vez durante un año y suport dijo que era una aplicación en segundo plano que hacía cosas. Hice algunas pruebas y terminé siendo una aplicación, pero no pude descubrir cuál, así que lo dejé como está. 

Esto es lo que me escribió el soporte:

Ocultar contenido

Parece que algo en su PC está bloqueando el intento de conexión (generalmente un firewall u otro programa de seguridad).

Agregue una excepción a todo su firewall y software antivirus (incluido el Firewall de Windows) para "Launcher.exe", "Warframe.x64.exe" y "Warframe.exe". Además, asegúrese de verificar la configuración de su proxy: busque las Opciones de Internet en el Panel de control de Windows, haga clic en la pestaña "Conexiones - Configuración de LAN" y asegúrese de que las opciones "usar script de configuración automática" y "servidor proxy" sean UN- comprobado.

Los programas de terceros que se ejecutan en segundo plano pueden interferir con el funcionamiento normal de Warframe e incluso pueden evitar que se ejecute. Al deshabilitar temporalmente el inicio de estos programas, pueden eliminarse como la fuente del problema. Intenta seguir los pasos a continuación:

1. Presione la tecla Windows y la tecla R en su teclado al mismo tiempo     
  2. En la nueva ventana Ejecutar , escriba y presione Entrar   msconfig 
  3. En la pestaña General de la ventana de configuración del sistema , haga clic en la opción de inicio selectivo y luego haga clic para desactivar la casilla de verificación Cargar elementos de inicio .         
  4. En la pestaña Servicios , haga clic para seleccionar la casilla Ocultar todos los servicios de Microsoft y luego haga clic en Desactivar todo .      
  5. Nota:  Este paso permite que los servicios de Microsoft continúen ejecutándose. Estos servicios incluyen Redes, Plug and Play, Registro de eventos, Informe de errores y otros servicios. Si deshabilita estos servicios, puede eliminar permanentemente todos los puntos de restauración. No haga esto si desea utilizar la utilidad Restaurar sistema junto con los puntos de restauración existentes.
  6. Haga clic en Aceptar y luego en Reiniciar .   

Cuando inicia su computadora en Inicio selectivo, deshabilita todas las aplicaciones que normalmente se inician con su computadora. Esto puede incluir firewall y software de seguridad que normalmente desearía tener. Una vez que haya terminado las pruebas, debe volver a habilitar su software de seguridad en msconfig.exe. Siga estos pasos para reiniciar la computadora para que se inicie normalmente.

1. Presione la tecla Windows y la tecla R en su teclado al mismo tiempo     
  2. En la nueva ventana Ejecutar , escriba y presione Entrar   msconfig 
  3. En la pestaña General de la ventana de configuración del sistema , haga clic en la opción Inicio normal y luego haga clic en Aceptar .        
  4. Cuando se le solicite reiniciar la computadora, haga clic en Reiniciar .  

Por favor, hágame saber los resultados, gracias!

Mi respuesta:

Ocultar contenido

La configuración del cortafuegos para Warframe Steam está marcada en Privado mientras que Público no está marcado. Las conexiones son tal como usted ha dicho, no tengo ningún proxy utilizado y el uso del script de configuración automática tampoco está marcado.
Al deshabilitar todos los servicios que no son de Microsoft después de aproximadamente 45 minutos y algunas misiones, no obtuve el error y llegué a la conclusión de que el error no ocurriría en ese momento. Después de eso volví a lo que tenía antes de los cambios y obtuve el error. Después de eso hice un arranque normal y después de algunas misiones y alrededor de 30 minutos recibí el error.

Hice una prueba adicional más ya que lo hice mal antes. Deshabilité todos los servicios además de los de Microsoft y elegí el Inicio normal y después de algunas misiones y alrededor de 50 minutos no mostró el error.

y la respuesta del soporte

Ocultar contenido

Hola torpe Lazarow,

Parece que algo en sus aplicaciones en segundo plano está causando el problema en este caso. Deberá habilitarlos uno por uno para encontrar el culto y luego abordar el problema con ese software.

Buena suerte por ahi.

Sugiero contactarlos usted mismo en  https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I was consulting this and I think I have to manually configure the UDP of the game on the router. I'll try. worst of all is that I have a strict network and I cannot release it.