Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove Kuva Lich despawn timer

(PSN)Maunstre

Rank 5 Kuva Liches are damage sponges. As a solo player a fight with a R5 Lich is a "time investment". Personally, so far the average time investment for a fist fight with a maxed Lich is 10 minutes. As DE has pointed out, this is a "personal enemy". Because this is a Personal Enemy I want to deal with it as I see fit, and that probably involves "unoptimal gear", because I have favourite weapons I want to use. Because I want to play how I want to play, I want (need) my Lich to stay around when they finally come by.

I've noticed with frustrating regularity that the Kuva Lich will simply despawn after a set amount of time after spawning into a mission. This is a feature I cannot wrap my head around - with an enemy built to absorb as much damage as possible, why include this limitation at all? Especially when the enemy cannot be affected by status to turn the fight decisively in your favour? If I want to "give up" I can just leave the room! The Liches themselves aren't terribly quick on their feet and don't pursue with that much vigor (to be fair I have not had a teleporting Lich generate for me yet, so experience is limited here), so putting one or two tiles between myself and them effectively "gets rid of them" until I can extract.

With the incoming change to consoles that allows us to "dismiss" a Lich after downing them 3 times without Parazon Mercy, there is even less reason for this timer to exist. Please remove it. It is demoralising to get your Lich to a sliver of health on the third bar with your weapons of choice, only to cross this invisible threshold and your Lich, who spends all their time going on about how they want to meet you and beat your face in, decides to just up and go "I'm leaving g'bye lol!" This is also an immense pain when Prosecutors are involved. Level 100+ Prosecutors are a pain in the arse to remove, double when they happen to be around when the Lich swings by or get turned into Thralls. By the time I'm done deleting a Prosecutor, an enemy I don't have needed elemental damage to deal with because I'm here to face my Lich not a Prosecutor with a single random weakness, the Lich is about ready to disappear.

Please get rid of this "feature". It's a progress-breaker as a solo player who wants to play in a way that is fun on a personal level. Yeah, I could meta my way through this instead, but I don't want to be forced to do so. Plus, I could be considered "lucky" - I'm a completionist, I have nearly every weapon and mod available. I can do meta because I have the equipment. Other players might not be so driven to have that sort of in-game collection. Yeah, I could recruit my friends to help me out, but again I don't want to be forced to look for a squad to do something. I want to be permitted to play how I would like to play. If I want to take a loadout that will result in a 20+ minute engagement with a Lich, I should have the allowance to sink that sort of time without concern.

Thank you.