Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second copy of Saturn Six Rewards?

Flying_Scorpion

I'm doing nightwave intermission right now to get the Umbral Forma. In my opinion, it is the most valuable item on the list at rank 29. which is then immediately followed by the second copy of Saturn Six Armor, which I have no value for. In the process of getting this Umbral Forma, I'm receiving other things that I have no value for: cosmetic items, and mods that I've already received; perhaps I can sell the mods, but even in doing so, they were more valuable to me the first time because I was under the misguided assumption that those items were exclusive to previous night wave acts. Would it be fair to say that I feel a little frustrated right now? That's how I feel. I can understand bringing back the mods, because they might have an impact on someone's ability to play through the game -AND- they can be traded. But the second set of purely cosmetic items? There's problems I have with this:

1. I thought the Wolf of Saturn Six rewards were going to be exclusive to the Wolf of Saturn Six nightwave series 1 time period. I mean...can you blame me?

y5Pd17h.png

I guess looking back, "exclusive" here wasn't meant to be interpreted as "exclusive to this act of Nightwave" - it should have been interpreted as "exclusive to those who are willing to participate in Nightwave, at any point in time."

2. Others who were either not around or willing to put forth the time and effort necessary to obtain those "exclusive" items (at their original time of release mind you - like 1 hour kuva survival without using life support) - are now obtaining those items easier, while simultaneously I, someone who has been loyal to the game, is now receiving less overall value for the same time investment - in addition to the items I had previously earned now going DOWN in value. That's not cool. This rewards newer or more casual players and devalues the rewards, and the incentive to play for those who have been participating for awhile. I want to trust that I will be treated as equally valuable as a new player.

3. This widens the divide between paying players and free to play. Paying players can receive content that really is exclusive, like tennogen skins, special animated armor, ephemera, etc. What exclusive content can be earned through playing the game? I can understand making sure that items that affect gameplay from a mechanical standpoint (like weapon mods) coming back, but cosmetic items are different - mainly because they can't be traded. If I could trade the cosmetic items, at least I'd get *SOME* value out of them. Not just zero value (honestly negative value if you consider the de-valuation of the item I received the first time).

gILjbvx.png

I think I've made my point. This was not cool. I hope this was just an experiment to see how the community would react.

PS. I enjoyed the challenging content for The Wolf of Saturn Six, and I wish you would bring back those level of challenges, but it seems more and more like you're catering to a different kind of gamer than myself.

PPS. If I got nightwave creds instead of the repeat rewards, it will be less desirable than being able to trade them, but more desirable than the way it is currently.

Edited by Flying_Scorpion

1 hour ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

1. I thought the Wolf of Saturn Six rewards were going to be exclusive to the Wolf of Saturn Six nightwave series 1 time period. I mean...can you blame me?

Yes, DE had said from before they even released season 1 that they would be re-obtainable. The original suggestion was to utilise the prestige system.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Yes, DE had said from before they even released season 1 that they would be re-obtainable. The original suggestion was to utilise the prestige system.

Thank you for correcting me on that. I wasn't aware of that. Did they say this on their stream?

The other two points remain.

1 minute ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

Did they say this on their stream?

It was mentioned on a Streams. It may have been mentioned elsewhere too, but I do not recall.

1 hour ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

I want to trust that I will be treated as equally valuable as a new player.

Yet you are complaining that new players are allowed to get the same stuff as you. Changes were made to NW to improve everyone's experience with it. Yes, this made it easier/faster, but it had to happen.

I see your point for number 3, but it is not something that bothers me at all. I have never really cared if people get the same stuff that I have had for a long time. Because I have had a while to enjoy it already.

44 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Yet you are complaining that new players are allowed to get the same stuff as you.

This is taking the complaint out of context and re-frames this as if I have a problem with equal opportunity. This is also omitting important details to the truth of the matter: They are not obtaining the rewards through the same difficult challenges and the same degree of loyalty to the game as those who have played through both the Wolf of Saturn Six and the current intermission. The second point remains valid, but thanks for trying.

And yes, the third point is valid. Thanks for acknowledging that.

Edited by Flying_Scorpion

39 minutes ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

This is also omitting important details to the truth of the matter: They are not obtaining the rewards through the same difficult challenges and the same degree of loyalty to the game as those who have played through both the Wolf of Saturn Six and the current intermission.

I agree that this is true. But DE had to make changes to improve NW, it is that simple. People thought it was too hard, so it got made easier. That just means that when people get the Saturn Six stuff it is easier than when we did. But we are also not putting in the same amount of effort to get stuff as we would have, had DE not made these changes.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I agree that this is true. But DE had to make changes to improve NW, it is that simple. People thought it was too hard, so it got made easier. That just means that when people get the Saturn Six stuff it is easier than when we did. But we are also not putting in the same amount of effort to get stuff as we would have, had DE not made these changes.

Perhaps this isn't the right game for me then. Or any others like me.

6 minutes ago, krc473 said:

People thought it was too hard,

What percentage of players thought it was too hard? Was there an objective measurement of this? Also, isn't it normal for some people to complain and then just continue on with something? Like someone complaining that their candy is too chewy, but they keep eating it anyway. Certainly I'm not the only one who has a problem with the "everyone gets a trophy!" thing.