The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

hunting in the Plains and the Orb Vallis

(NSW)Chozo

In regards to the hunting mechanics in the Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis, its impossible.

Upon stepping out of the gates to the Plains, there is always a Dargyn flying overhead shooting at me. I destroy it and a little while later another spawns. Grineer enemies spot me from absurdly long distances and begin attacking. Long story short, its just about impossible to hunt in the Plains without something getting in the way and messing up the whole hunt.

As for the Orb Vallis, it's a little more manageable since a constant stream of flying enemies shooting at you isn't a problem here. What IS the problem is the excessive amounts of patrol in the Orb Vallis. I can't hunt anything there either without getting harrassed by a million Corpus. It makes what would've been a cool and fun mechanic into something far more stressful and annoying.

My only suggestions are to reduce the amount of enemy spawns/patrols in the Orb Vallis and Plains of Eidolon as well as take away that pestering Grineer Dargyn that immediately attacks you upon entering the Plains. Make enemies attack only if you're close to them, and I mean anything less than 200 meters in proximity to them, because thats the main issue, that they can spot you from absurdly long distances. And just because the Grineer Dargyn can fly, doesn't mean it has to be immediately on top of me. Any consideration towards my suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a nice day.

12 minutes ago, BoneBreakerx said:

ivara with primed flow is your friend when hunting...

i do agree that hunting is kinda annoying becous theres so meny patrols... but then again those big maps would feel empty without them imo...

except that dargyns can see through invisibility.

On 2019-12-06 at 2:32 AM, BoneBreakerx said:

since when? was fishing yesterday for the nightwave quests and 2 flew right over my head?

52 minutes ago, IIAc3sII said:

not true, I scanned all animals completely for the codex which took forever, but I think I have a good understanding of it all.

I began with Orb Vallis with rhino, it was manageable, up to a point where you have to hunt certain animals, then it becomes quite hard.

Going to Plains of Eidolon with Rhino was a complete disaster, its impossible to do anything there.

So I switched to Ivara when I farmed all her pieces, and from that moment on it was a breeze, both OV and PoE was very easy, always perfect animal captures, and no, not a single dargyn bothered me when I was cloaked with Ivara.

Actually true.*

I tried ash, loki and ivara, no companions to set them off, and they still shoot at you while invisible, even if you move location without invisibility wearing off.

Actually, that being said, it's only dargyns that do it, other enemies still can't see me while invisible.

Edited by nerfinator6