The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[De] Ideas To Make This Game More Fun

Dunkelheit

Warframe is a great game, everything is there. Here are some ideas to make this game more fun. If you guys add more ideas, I will edit my posting and include the best ideas.

1. CHALLENGE

Add more challenge.... give us a reason to visit Pluto, give us a reason to play endless defense till wave 100, challenge us.

You give us nightmare mode, but no reason to run the more difficult missions. Why not add a few percent for a blaze reward, if we do the Pluto nightmare missions? Why not add T4 void, where only the best weapons and equipment has a chance to suceed?

Why not put a Grineer sniper (or other mobs,who have high strategic value) into the mix, who can do some serious dmg and is protected and needs to be taken out by an assassin (give Ash or Loki a reason to exist) or another sniper? I only carry one good gun or melee weapon with me, I am levelling other weapons instead.

Give me a reason to carry my best loadout.

Edit from Doforcash proposal: Achievements.... yes please. This would fix the challenge part easily. And lots of it and crazy hard achievements.

2. Alerts

The alerts are one of the best ideas in the game and they become more and more uninteresting. Wow, another heat sword alert, wow, 3000 credits in one alert! Since the introduction of Voids, all credit only alerts have become useless. And spare me the "one neurode" rewards in the alerts, even though they are the best thing atm (except that I still need that darn Vauban helmet).

Make alerts that have a meaning and make me excited when they are up.

3. Community involvement

Make the whole community involved in the success of missions. An example:

A very disturbing alert comes up. Grineer have teamed up with Corpus and both are invading Pluto on different missions. If all combined Tennos can not fight them back, we lose Pluto for X hours and cannot do missions there anymore (or Grineer + Corpus become 50 levels stronger in each mission). If we succeed, all participants are rewarded with a reactor.

Or there is one planet which wants out of Grineer control. The community must run X times the "rescue" mission and a new weapon tech is discovered for the market. Everyone who has run these missions types for 10 times is rewarded with a blueprint of his choice. When we as a community cannot free this planet, no exp is awarded for 1 hour (or one day).

Just 2 ideas, of course you can vary it. But just think of this: instead of just dropping weapons and warframes into the game, let us fight for the tech. When I finally carry the gun I can say to myself: "I have fought for this thing"

4. Events

Events are the real fun part in Warframe. They add to the immersion, they make a very static game un-static and they make the whole community feel involved.

Here is an idea for a nice Halloween event:

You make the levels for the event very dark and the mobs are colored "glowy". At first we find out, that you cannot really harm them. We have to obtain information in containers from Orokin derelict (one reason to go there after farming Nekro) or maybe we have to discover a new weapon that is working just for the mobs in the event. When we have the weapons, we can do the Halloween missions and find out about a gruesome mystery!

I would love to have an event every weekend. Even if it is only a "double affinity" or "double ressource drop" weekend. Or maybe put up "ancients only" defense or "melee only" missions. Or give us a weekend (or Alerts), where mods dont actually work, just the warframe abilities.

This is it for now, I would love to read about more ideas. Please think of the environment and make "realistic" proposals. Realistic, it has to work with the engine :)

Edited by Dunkelheit

I understand the point, you want Warframe to have more meaning and value, and I agree with that.

But both Ash and Loki can be valuable team mates in a variety of circumstances.

I don't doubt that, yet I rarely see people looking after them actively in recruitment channel.

Warframe is a great game, everything is there. Here are some ideas to make this game more fun. If you guys add more ideas, I will edit my posting and include the best ideas.

1. CHALLENGE

Add more challenge.... give us a reason to visit Pluto, give us a reason to play endless defense till wave 100, challenge us.

You give us nightmare mode, but no reason to run the more difficult missions. Why not add a few percent for a blaze reward, if we do the Pluto nightmare missions? Why not add T4 void, where only the best weapons and equipment has a chance to suceed?

Why not put a Grineer sniper (or other mobs,who have high strategic value) into the mix, who can do some serious dmg and is protected and needs to be taken out by an assassin (give Ash or Loki a reason to exist) or another sniper? I only carry one good gun or melee weapon with me, I am levelling other weapons instead.

Give me a reason to carry my best loadout.

2. Alerts

The alerts are one of the best ideas in the game and they become more and more uninteresting. Wow, another heat sword alert, wow, 3000 credits in one alert! Since the introduction of Voids, all credit only alerts have become useless. And spare me the "one neurode" rewards in the alerts, even though they are the best thing atm (except that I still need that darn Vauban helmet).

Make alerts that have a meaning and make me excited when they are up.

3. Community involvement

Make the whole community involved in the success of missions. An example:

A very disturbing alert comes up. Grineer have teamed up with Corpus and both are invading Pluto on different missions. If all combined Tennos can not fight them back, we lose Pluto for X hours and cannot do missions there anymore (or Grineer + Corpus become 50 levels stronger in each mission). If we succeed, all participants are rewarded with a reactor.

Or there is one planet which wants out of Grineer control. The community must run X times the "rescue" mission and a new weapon tech is discovered for the market. Everyone who has run these missions types for 10 times is rewarded with a blueprint of his choice. When we as a community cannot free this planet, no exp is awarded for 1 hour (or one day).

Just 2 ideas, of course you can vary it. But just think of this: instead of just dropping weapons and warframes into the game, let us fight for the tech. When I finally carry the gun I can say to myself: "I have fought for this thing"

4. Events

Events are the real fun part in Warframe. They add to the immersion, they make a very static game un-static and they make the whole community feel involved.

Here is an idea for a nice Halloween event:

You make the levels for the event very dark and the mobs are colored "glowy". At first we find out, that you cannot really harm them. We have to obtain information in containers from Orokin derelict (one reason to go there after farming Nekro) or maybe we have to discover a new weapon that is working just for the mobs in the event. When we have the weapons, we can do the Halloween missions and find out about a gruesome mystery!

I would love to have an event every weekend. Even if it is only a "double affinity" or "double ressource drop" weekend. Or maybe put up "ancients only" defense or "melee only" missions. Or give us a weekend (or Alerts), where mods dont actually work, just the warframe abilities.

This is it for now, I would love to read about more ideas. Please think of the environment and make "realistic" proposals. Realistic, it has to work with the engine :)

1/ need achivement medal

2/ need more unrealistically badass weapon/recourse/bp/miscellaneous stuff that only pop up on Alert (and the make sometime all 3 box are have reware)

3/ total approve

4/make an event Forum feedback

I can play ash where you want , loki to , just learn to use it ,people dont like Loki because they often like to Troll ,Loki is super weak compared to Ash

Yes and I can play without abilities and/or mods except for extreme, extreme circumstances... this does not make it good.

Warframe is easy, of course you can play everything.

Yes and I can play without abilities and/or mods except for extreme, extreme circumstances... this does not make it good.

Warframe is easy, of course you can play everything.

Its not about being easy to play or not (Yes this game is way to easy...) My Ash dont have reactor on it , more likely 4xx hp and 3xx shield or something like that , for playing it only one way , dont thing you are Rhino just stay behind , and if you want to afk 15-30 sec press 4...(or if you are really in badly hurt , it give you few second to get out )