Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boring Level Design and horrible EUROPE!

(PSN)Tenka1981

Actually, I never do something like this here.

I never write topics and I hate complaining about things. But this is IMPORTANT to me.

First of all, Warframe is a very nice game.

The variations of the different weapons and warframes are astonishing.

And I like that Digital Extremes are constantly bringing new updates to the masses.

BUT, honestly most of these updates are not very interesting to me.

Why?

Because, what do I have from new weapons and frames if I´m still running the same boring level?!🤔

For what do i need the possibility to use Arch Wing on the planet when there are actually just two of them?

I mean, we have a whole solar system!

Why the hell are venus (orbis valley) and earth (eidolon) the only planets with more "open world" maps??!

For example Mars could be an awesome desert planet with large dunes, etc. where we can enjoy our K-Drive.🤩

Why are all other planets just uninspired arenas with almost nothing to explore?!

Just "Go in, do your #*!%ing job, get out!".

And why the hell do they all look the same? I mean, EUROPE looks like VENUS, like PLUTO, etc.:::laaaame, sorry...😪

And am I the only one who hates EUROPE??? What the hell is this?!

It´s just a senseless composition of confusing, irritating modular assets of rooms and floors. Every game design student can built something like this!

I don´t want to complain all the time.

Like i said, warframe is actually a cool game but i think it´s is still FAR behind it´s possibilities. 

So, I´m asking Digital Extremes:

Instead of bringing us new frames, useless cosmetics, etc....

...when do you (finally) start creating REAL worlds??? 😉

I know you guys are experts and I enjoy most of your "toys".

But I think, it´s time to create a proper playground for all the 50 mio. players! 😉

Yeah Europe is pretty uninspired. Probably why England is trying to leave.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenka1981 said:

And am I the only one who hates EUROPE???

You're definitely not the only person who hates Europe, Do you know Ron Swanson?

Edited by Skaleek

YES! Totally agree! I love open world and i prefere Poe instead of Orb Vallis, for the simple fact that orb vallis is larger but is totally empty sometimes you find a bug useless corpus base and nothing in the middle. Ther's no project arround it. Otherwise Poe has a lot of particular, vegetation and interesting things to view.

But retourning to your idea:

-) Mercury could have a totally new set of map, volcano themed, with mines and heavy industries scattered or abandoned around, and his volcano open world (inspired to Mordor, or Crematoria from "the chronichles of riddik" or the planet where Anakin skywalker kill the separatist leader) 

-) Venus we already have one... it need just to be flooded with detalis

-) Earth also have Poe. Here there could be expansion (in the direction of the orokin tower) we could also have a totally new open world themed on the jungle, river and swamp (iron wake coud be the "cetus" for this new open world)

-) Mars has a programmed open world probabilly infested (Duviri). Here the potential are infinite, i just hope they use the potential of a desert landscape to create something epical

-) Lua could have a "orokin city open world" joining in the big city you see outside in the skybox

-) Ceres could also be an interesting set to create an open world. A giantic industrial complex with grineer drydock, and machinery, train, mines, toxic areas etc...

-) Europa also to me is not one of best tyleset. An open world here could be created, but probabilly, following the lore of the planet, it will resut in a giantic iced flatland with some scraps around. So basically a new Orb Vallis but without the mountains, the hill and the corpus base. Boring, flat and boring and also boring.

-) Uranus is one of the tyleset with could have an epic open world... giantic grineer complex in the middle of the ocean, the reef, abandoned orokin/sentient temple etc... etc.... 

-) Pluto Pluto is a rocky planet, so also here there could be an open world, but i don't know how it could look like here.

For the planet i have not mentioned here, is cause i don't think there could be an interesting or a logical open world, so that's all 😃

Sry for bad anglish and bye!

Edited by MollAgdeduba

I don't want another "open world" (more accurately, "very large tileset") unless it'll actually be dynamic. Even the open worlds are "get in, do your job, get out" after all. 

They're pretty, but static. 

I would certainly love about fifteen more tilesets though, just for the visual variation. New spy vaults, new terrain and new starships, etc. That would be great. I'd really love it if they could come up with a way to make spy vaults always changing (like, assembled at random during mission generation from interchangeable Spy Vault parts -- so it was always solvable, but never predictable).