Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I decided to rebuild my Dojo...

Wayranx

I'm a solo player and with release of "Rising Tide" I decided to fully rebuild my Dojo so it would be built around the Dry Dock. I've built the Dry Dock and attached a few rooms to it and then started to destroy the rooms that I wanted to relocate. I've destroyed all the rooms except the clan halls. The thing is that I can't deconstruct them, since the big rooms require small rooms to be built first and my Dry Dock and other stuff that I want is now attached to the first after the Grand one hall, which means that I have to destroy all the new rooms that are attached to the Dry Dock and the Dry Dock itself just to destroy 3 other rooms. I don't think that there's a convenient solution right now but maybe the developers should overlook the clan Dojo management system so we can quickly build and deconstruct our Dojos without having to run all around them to put a construction order in one place and then go the next one by foot (I know that we have Teleport stuff). What do you think?

Edited by Wayranx

As far as I know, dojo rooms work on a parent-child relationship.  So you build room A and branch room B from it, room B is a "child" of room A and room A cannot be removed unless room B is removed.  I don't think there is any way round this unless we got the ability to modify this parent/child tree, which I can only imagine would lead to all sorts of issues.

Has me thinking though.  That first hall that appears when you create a dojo must be completely fixed.  Have I got this wrong?

1 minute ago, GibsonPrime said:

As far as I know, dojo rooms work on a parent-child relationship.  So you build room A and branch room B from it, room B is a "child" of room A and room A cannot be removed unless room B is removed.  I don't think there is any way round this unless we got the ability to modify this parent/child tree, which I can only imagine would lead to all sorts of issues.

Has me thinking though.  That first hall that appears when you create a dojo must be completely fixed.  Have I got this wrong?

No, you got it right but this "parent-child" thing is causing a lot of trouble if you want to rebuild an existing Dojo. I think it would be nice to have a separate interface in which you can edit your Dojo structure. Or at least have an ability to destroy "parent-child" structures at the same time

Ah cool.  Then i guess it is solvable, but would require some doing.  First, they would have to provide an interface to reconfigure the tree.  Then, move the entire sub-tree to the newly defined parent (which must be connected).  Then, they would have to prohibity deletion of pre-requisite rooms until a substitute has been built (e.g. some rooms require a certian clan hall to be built).  Would also require logic to ensure that you can't make a "floating" room, connected to nothing.

It's doable for sure (assuming there's nothing else "special" about that default clan hall) and it would be great.  Guess there's a demand aspect to consider in terms of if/when it will ever happen.

Not something I'm personally that worried about.  Hopefully some other Tenno will back your cause and create the demand.  I can imagine a lot of people would like to redesign.

I would like to redesign mine.  I don't really mind the parent/child relationship between rooms - halls give your dojo capacity and reactors give your dojo power - so it makes sense to me that you'd need those rooms before others.  What I would like in terms of a build system redesign are the following:

1. The ability to skip the 2 hour wait to destroy a room through spending plat or whatever.  If you're trying to rebuild your dojo from scratch, that wait is a killer.

2. The ability to zoom in or out on the little map when placing a room.  The drydock is so huge that it doesn't even fit on the minimap when placing it, making it difficult to tell which of the three exits you're attaching to.

3. The ability to place NPCs doing various things as decorations.  It's weird that the drydock is the only place in our dojos that have support staff working in them.  The Crimson Branch has a bunch of computer terminals in it and looks like a mission control room, but absolutely no one is in there.

4. Rooms to make the place look more lived in and to support the NPC staff:  living quarters, restrooms, kitchens, lounges, dining halls, etc.  We might not need any of that stuff, but our staff does.