Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid changes to make him more tanky

Labeus

Hi!
I was thinking in a few changes for Hydroid, to make him more tanky and useful in high content. I would like to read your opinions, and please provide any insight about this frame (i know there has been a couple of threads about a "rework", but this is not a fan rework topic).

This changes are only in addition to how skills are currently working, and i don't have any intention to change how Hydroid works in general.

- Tidal Surge

Proposed changes: 

1- As soon as the transformation into liquid begins (just by clicking the skill key) Hydroid recover a portion of his health (this number could scale by str).

2- For any impacted enemy, Hydroid recovers a number of health (this number could scale by str).

3- For any impacted enemy, Hydroid recovers a number of shield, and maybe even can get overshield (this number could scale by str).

- Undertow

Proposed changes: 

1- As soon as pool is formed (just by clicking the skill key) Hydroid recover a portion of his health (this number could scale by str).

2- Being submerged Hydroid recovers a % of his health by second (this % could scale by str).

3- Being submerged Hydroid recovers a % of his shield by second (is basically what it does now, but i wanted to mention it because is related to the previous item)

- Tentacle Swarm

1- Tentacles now deals Toxin damage instead of Magnetic (Magnetic damage from tentacles feels not only kind of weird, but also "outdated" as the game is right now)

That's it. I think these changes doesn't affect how the Warframe is played and how it feels, but could be very significant for solo high content.

Also, maybe Undertow can provide more support utilities to the team, like providing shields and/or health to allied standing in the pool, so Hydroid can be even more effective as a group pick.

Thanks for reading me, like i said at the start, feel free to give me your opinions!

Edited by Labeus

Hydroid is already tanky in the fact that he can just sit around in his puddle doing nothing. That's the main problem with the frame, he's not an interactive tank. There is practically zero reason for Hydroid to leave his puddle in the majority of end-game content.

He needs a full rework if he is going to be made worthwhile at all.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

il y a 1 minute, TheGodofWiFi a dit :

Hydroid is already tanky in the fact that he can just sit around in his puddle doing nothing. That's the main problem with the frame, he's not an interactive tank. There is practically zero reason for Hydroid to leave his puddle in the majority of end-game content.

He needs a full rework if he is going to be made worthwhile at all.

You have a point there.

Maybe with the changes i suggested we could have more reasons to prioritize the use of Tidal Surge, which also provides mobility, leaving Undertow only for CC or team support?

Il y a 4 heures, D20 a dit :

Health regen to both undertow and tidal surge can work. You may need to find a replacement to curative undertow though. Not sure why you want to change the tentacle damage however. Magnetic damage is just dealt at the beginning when the tentacle emerges. The followup is true damage.

I thought Toxin could be a more useful damage in high content, but maybe you're right!

About finding a replacement for curative Undertow, you're totally right. Maybe an augment that give Undertow a support skill for your team?

Like party members standing in the pool gains [something] regens, or slash damage, or maybe critical, i don't know. That could work?

Edited by Labeus