The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Textures missing, massive pop-ins after Railjack update

(PSN)AccursedImmortal

When playing several missions such as void fissure Lith Earth Defense or Lith Mars Mobile Defense, many environmental objects such as stairs, ground, grass, archways, pieces of buildings are missing and pop in when I get close. When pop-ins happen other visible objects become invisible upon moving to the new position. It is never fixed because once I move away, what is visible becomes invisible and vice versa. To describe it in another way, it is like a kaleidoscope of appearing and disappearing objects when running through a mission. Additionally, my warframe's head is missing sometimes. 

Edit: It isn't isolated to fissure missions but all missions and areas have a variable degree of missing objects and terrain. Some having only a minor pop in issue with one or two objects while other levels have entire floor sections being invisible. It is nearly unplayable because some maps are designed in a very nonlinear way such as Corpus in Neptune. Orb Vallis has serious issues of missing textures and invisible mountains until I fly into them. I can't get the elevator door to fully open when trying to reenter the city, which requires me to jump into the top half of the door.

Edit: I was playing warframe when the server was updated during the game awards. I quit after the system message said it was okay to restart in order to play the new content. Because the problem doesn't seem to affect all players I've decided to redownload the game because it's likely the files were corrupted during the update.

Edit: A fresh install didn't fix the pop-ins with invisible terrain or my warframe's missing head. It's likely, as the replies from other players with the same issue suggested, that the update is what broke the game. 

Edit: As someone posted in the thread below, the problem stems from playing on the PS4 with a 720p resolution. If you switched to a 1080p resolution it is solved. Though if you don't have a 1080 tv you are out of luck.

Edited by (PS4)AccursedImmortal

Came here to raise this problem (again), glad someone else is seeing it. Unfortunately, this seems to be a recurring problem that can happen after an update. This is the third time it has happened to me, https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1091937-ps4-some-floors-and-other-scenery-slow-to-load-after-update-2481-7th-may/

I doubt this will get fixed, too much other crap going on. It will probably go away after the next update so we will have to suffer it again for another month or two. 

The affect is very noticeable in Fortuna, just flying around the base, lots of scenery taking ages to load. Also, if you approach the Fortuna door, you often can't get in ! You need to turn around, it will open when you have stopped looking !

Doing fast missions like exterminate becomes very difficult as you run into things that aren't yet visible. Even more static missions like defense are bad, every time you turn around, the scenery is taking its time to load.

Same. I guess they made some adjustments to decrease the FPS problems we had last patch, and it caused this to happen (again)

Just going around the Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis is a nightmare right now. You constantly have giant rocks poppping right in front of your nose, pools of water being invisible, so you can just walk into them unknowingly and get teleported, there are occasional gigantic void in the ground that just refuse to load until you literally step into it.

I don't think it's even a loading issue per se, since you can just stand there in one spot and look at a huge void for a minute, and unless you walk into a specific spot it just won't load ever. It seems like it's something with the way game thinks it should render stuff for you.

Honestly I'm not even sure what's worse, the FPS drops we had, or this. With FPS drops you can at least do some relatively peaceful stuff without much problems. Now I just tried to mine some rocks and it annoyed the hell out of me just moving around the world.

Also on a side note, I think it also might be affecting how the mining points spawn. I had some real troubles finding mining spots around the open worlds, especially when you move a lot, which I don't think was a problem in the past.

It seems that not many people suffer from this problem. It made me think what do I do different from most people ? I play my PS4 at 720p where as most people probably play at 1080p. I use 720p because it is the limit of the cheap hdmi card that I use to play my PS4 through a PC window. When I tried 1080p with a direct hdmi connection to the monitor, I did not see the problem. Also, when I went 720p direct, I then saw the problem. I should repeat this a few times (also restarting Warframe each attempt) to be more certain, however, this really needs to be done by other people with the problem to see if there is a pattern.

So, if you have this problem please check on your PS4 , settings->sound&screen->video output settings->video output information. If it shows 1280x720 , then try a 1080p setting by using settings->sound&screen->video output settings->resolution. If it says unsupported, then you need to try a different (newer) monitor that supports 1080p. Warframe needs to be closed and restarted after the change. Flying around Fortuna is a good test.

I might be clutching at straws here, but it is worth a go. Unfortunately, playing at 1080p is not a usable option for me, I need DE to fix whatever they are screwing up.