The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Original armor shredding abilities are ok.

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

Characters like Frost and Trinity do take a lot of power strength to remove armor; but it has left these characters balanced. If we buffed these original characters to shred amor at 145% power strength we would lose their signature abilities that makes them function. Bad math chroma was enough and partially tougher Wukong for a better polearm and a specter. 

The point is that we have to consider what to trade off to make characters shred armor and match these other new warframes.

Was this mentioned on Devstream or something?

The only real problem with Armor Strip abilities is that majority of them are multiplicative thus anything short of 100% is generally a waste compared to other methods like Corrosive status or simply ignoring with Bleeds. Strip a lvl 150 Napalm of 90% Armor and they still have 83.3% DR. Cast three times for 50% and they still have 86% DR.

Last I checked Oberon is the only frame with Additive Armor strip values making it reasonable to not have 100% in a single cast.

15 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Was this mentioned on Devstream or something?

The only real problem with Armor Strip abilities is that majority of them are multiplicative thus anything short of 100% is generally a waste compared to other methods like Corrosive status or simply ignoring with Bleeds. Strip a lvl 150 Napalm of 90% Armor and they still have 83.3% DR. Cast three times for 50% and they still have 86% DR.

Last I checked Oberon is the only frame with Additive Armor strip values making it reasonable to not have 100% in a single cast.

Nekros used to have this too til a week before he was primed. Few characters have ‘Addativd Amor Removal’ now.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

simply ignoring with Bleeds. Strip a lvl 150 Napalm of 90% Armor and they still have 83.3% DR

This is my method mostly because of what you mentioned about the DR.  Hybrid builds with Gas/Slash combo and I just ignore the hell out of armor.  LOL