The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack

IIDMOII

Despite some initial negative reactions to certain design decisions, I am pleasantly surprised by what railjack could offer.

The core concept is there. Some things work, some don't;

GOOD

- We get to be in spaceships!

- the transtions between various states (ship, frame, archwing, space) are all smooth, seamless and real time. This just looks and feels amazing. 

- art team is on point as usual. The ships, effects and skyboxes all look great. Even the flowing particle effect in the background of the space map looks amazing.

- We are being given a reason to visit our neglected dojos. I suddenly want gallium and pigment again. 

- I like cephalon Cy. He delivers mission critical voice overs without grating on my nerves. Hearing him say "Tenno on Deck" is satisfying.

- UI is well done. Upgrades and skill trees are all easily manageable. All your maintenance is done in a couple clicks. These systems can be daunting in other space/flight games but they've streamlined it to the warframe experience. 

BAD

- Lack of tutorial leads to trial and error style learning which can result in failed missions for others. 

- hull breaches/fires are way too frequent. They result in an annoying cat and mouse loop. Toning down the frequency and upping the magnitude of the damage may result in a more urgent reaction. 

- hull breaches/fires are way too plentiful. It's encouraging gunners and even the pilot sometimes to "help" when the engineer can handle it. 

- boarding parties are not frequent enough. It would be more fun as the 4th crew member to manage enemies and put out the occasional fire instead of visa versa.

- midsection of the ship is needlessly confusing and obstructive. The diagonal beam needs to go and have ramps on the right and left. The extra sub level below it should just be flush with the main floor. Remove the railings and any decorative crates/doodads. 

- forge area is needlessly cluttered and the hole in the floor is annoying. Seal up the floor, make the forge terminals more obvious, remove decorative crates/doodads.

- Ship auto-leveling is kind of wierd. It doesn't feel right. An option to control it manually would be preferred. Perhaps give us he ability to roll with Q & E.

- Resource and loot acquisition doesn't feel right in such a large space. Even with the recent vacuum range buff, tons goes to waste.

- Refining seems counter-intuitive and wasteful. Just doll it out at the end of the mission. 

- Concerned about the self contained nature of the grind and how it will benefit us in the long run.

It's a good foundation to build on and if they can mix it up with regular missions in interesting ways, it will be great. However, I think it's too different to appeal to everyone and wouldn't want to see future content get locked behind such a large time investment.

How much Railjack have you played until now, like where are you atm on the new Star chart? I am curious to know so I can make myself a picture from where you are coming from.

To say sth to the points you mentioned none the less. I am very sure they will balance the weapons and hull and so on. They stated several times in their devstreams that the balancing will most likely be of at first.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb IIDMOII:

The core concept is there. Some things work, some don't;

Thats pretty much every Update ever so far. 😅

My experience is based on earth proxima so far.

I was worried about the complexity and public groups but people are surprisingly working together. All without any forced system by the game. It's kind of impressive.

Edited by IIDMOII

2 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

- hull breaches/fires are way too frequent. They result in an annoying cat and mouse loop. Toning down the frequency and upping the magnitude of the damage may result in a more urgent reaction. 

- hull breaches/fires are way too plentiful. It's encouraging gunners and even the pilot sometimes to "help" when the engineer can handle it. 

- boarding parties are not frequent enough. It would be more fun as the 4th crew member to manage enemies and put out the occasional fire instead of visa versa.

Grineer boarding parties are too frequent, IMO. I constantly have to have my attention taken away as a pilot to focus on taking them down.

Hull breaches and other problems are fine as long as you upgrade your ship's health and armor.  The initial challenger ofr new ships is too much, IMO though.  They should ease new railjacks into these problems rather than immediately face them against Crewships that practically one shot them that they can not counter with Archwing launcher or BFG because they can not use them yet.

Currently at end of Saturn Proxima, don't have the intrinsics yet to access Veil as I have been spreading my intrensics across multiple roles. (IIRC 5-6-6-5 right now)

Edited by bwc153