Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack: horizon indicator

I think some sort of avia-horizon in pilot's UI could be helpful:

Artificial_Horizon_%E2%80%94_AGB-3.jpg

So when i'm doing backflip in railjack i know exactly when to release LSHIFT and then to press it again. Or maybe i'm missing something?

On the side note, just an idea that i didn't thought through very well: why not let railjack to carry a small fighter (or two) with it so someone can pilot it if they want to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

that's a roll indicator, not a horizon reference.  They do different things.  That indicator won't tell you when you've done a full upward rotation (backflip).

Hm... Okay, my mistake I suppose. Still, why do you need that in space, where there's no point of reference, no up or down?

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

Hm... Okay, my mistake I suppose. Still, why do you need that in space, where there's no point of reference, no up or down?

To be honest, i never noticed that in UI and was going to test if it can show changes in pitch later. But apparently it's a roll:

Roll,-Yaw,-Pitch_lg_0.jpg

Try this:

1. Press S to start reversing

2. Double-tap LSHIFT to gain speed. I think you need 5 points in pilot skill for that.

3. Pull up until you face the opposite direction. Here is the problem: how do you know where's the opposite direction?

4. Release LSHIFT to leap forward

5. Pull up again until you face original direction

This is somewhat helpful to quickly get out of crew ships firing range while keeping them in field of view, so it's obvious that railjack is moving away from the ships and not in some random direction.