Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe really needs a proper squad builder

Tofu_Salad

This is something that I've wanted for a while now, and I'm surprised it hasn't been suggested before. Recruiting chat is a mess and a chore to deal with. Sitting around doing nothing and waiting for the chat timer to run out is bad enough when you're just looking for rad-shares, if you're looking for a specific team composition it's even worse. With Empyrean being designed around and requiring squad composition and coordination, I think that this is truer than ever.

Some potential features of a squad builder:

• Ability to browse a list of open squads and sort for
  • Adding filters to slots for things like warframes, focus schools, intrinsics, dragon keys, relics, etc.
  • Ability to go do other things such as missions while waiting for people to join the squad

Obviously this would be a more long term development goal, and not a quick fix to help with the matchmaking problems for Empyrean, but I think it's worth considering. It would make a lot of high level content much more accessible for people who aren't part of a large, active clan.

• Like 1

I hear what you're saying, and your surprise isn't warranted; this has been suggested literally thousands of times since I've been reading the Forums alone.

Only problem? DE have expressed absolutely no support for this. If I recall correctly, they have even said that no, they prefer the actual chat version of Recruiting and that they want players to actually use that rather than implement an actual matchmaking system.

That said, there was a throwaway comment that if they were ever to get enough time and money for dedicated servers for the entire game... it would be a possibility because the netcode would work better for it.