Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

50 Bucks, 1K Plat+Shred Or Upgrade Master From Hunter Founders?

Kurokazin

Question

So I've got 50$ to throw into the game and I've got a few questions that hopefully one of you fellows could answer:

1). Is the Shred mod worthwhile? When I last played(4~ months ago) puncture really wasn't that highly valued.

2). If I upgrade from Hunter to Master as a founder, do I get 1990 plat, or only 770? I ask mainly because I've been eyeing the stalker bundle and have spent every last plat I had from Hunter. I'd assume I only get 770, but I figured it'd be worth asking about, anyway.

3). Is Skana Prime a decent weapon to use over, say, Cronus?

4). Last one gents. How significant of a role does the design council play in the game's features?

Thanks in advance for any responses. :) I'm especially interested in question #2 because 2k plat for 50 bucks is a steal, haha.

17 answers to this question

1). Is the Shred mod worthwhile? When I last played(4~ months ago) puncture really wasn't that highly valued.

I personally dont like it much but its a decent mod, worth having maxed.

2). If I upgrade from Hunter to Master as a founder, do I get 1990 plat, or only 770? I ask mainly because I've been eyeing the stalker bundle and have spent every last plat I had from Hunter. I'd assume I only get 770, but I figured it'd be worth asking about, anyway.

im not sure sorry, I don't want to give misinformed guesses.

3). Is Skana Prime a decent weapon to use over, say, Cronus?

It's really not a good weapon, some people say its decent but I feel like its completely useless.

4). Last one gents. How significant of a role does the design council play in the game's features?

The design council made nova and often asked to vote on game features, so they do play a pretty large role.

1. Shred is amazing with something like Supra, Gorgon, or Soma - it tears through crowds, since puncture is 1.2 meters (double that of Metal Auger for 4 points less) plus a fire rate upgrade.

2. When I upgraded a few months ago, I got 1990. Maybe they've fixed this, maybe not.

3. Skana Prime is nearly identical stat-wise to Cronus, but the animation set is awkward - straight-down slash on charge attack misses a lot if you can't line it up perfectly.

4. DC mostly takes votes on things. Some stuff we've community-designed: Nova (theme, name, and all abilities), Carrier (name and ability), Nekros (theme; I think, I wasn't around for that). We also chose for DE to prioritize Tenno primaries as their next main releases, resulting in Soma and two other weapons coming soon. We also voted to prioritize balancing the Ignis. Last thing DC has done while I've been around is supply questions for livestreams.

edit: on questions 2-4, don't listen to anybody who isn't a Master or above; for question 2, make sure the person answering has upgraded specifically from Hunter to Master.

Edited by theasl

4.) Not worth it, everything gets leaked 5 minutes later.

It's not supposed to be under any sort of NDA lol, its about DESIGN. You share your opinion and vote on new features, that is the whole point of the design council. I mean It's called the design council right?

The upgrade to Master Founder gets you 2000 platinum over Hunter tier.  This is because Master tier gets a total of over 3000 platinum, while Grandmaster gets over 8000!  The Founders page takes into account your current Founders tier when it shows you how much platinum you'd get.

Considering you get twice as much platinum, the Nightmare-Mode-obtainable Shred shouldn't even be a part of the decision.  Go for Master tier.

1) Not worth it.

2) Why the hell did 3 out of the 4 people say 770? You get 1990 when you upgrade from Hunter to Master. For the difference you could buy 11, yes 11 dragon mod packs compared to buying $50 worth of platinum. Unless you get 50 or 75% off, upgrade your founders to Masters

3) Not really, just another 3k mastery, but it does have it's own animation.

4) I can't say much, but they get some stuff here and there from the time I've been here.

Edited by FateZero

2) Why the hell did 3 out of the 4 people say 770? You get 1990 when you upgrade from Hunter to Master. For the difference you could buy 11, yes 11 dragon mod packs compared to buying $50 worth of platinum. Unless you get 50 or 75% off, upgrade your founders to Masters

Exactly people answer without having any clue at all just out of spite for not being a master founder or something. If you don't know don't pretend you do? I don't get it...

You get 3210-1220 = 1990 plat.

if it is straight up platinum you want, you could instead obtain more from a discounted steam sale or when you strike a daily login bonus discount which can go up to -75% plat sales. As to your questions:

1)The Shred mod is obtainable in game, and is not too difficult to get.

2)You will get 1990 plat from upgrading.

3)The skana prime is just another melee weapon. Maybe comparable to cronus (as in your question), but does not compare to any later-released melee weapons. If the skana prime wasn't 'special or exclusive', i would have deleted it already

4)I asked the same question as you when upgrading to Master about the Design Council. Overall it has very little impact on the game. You may be asked to vote from a set of ideas which do you like best? Some people like it, but alone it shouldn't be what you pay for. Think of it as icing on a cake only

Edited by escape123

Upgrade to master. Founder packages are disappearing in a month.

If you're going to buy plat, wait for a coupon to drop for you in a login reward, and farm a shred mod from nightmares. Shred has its perks on the right guns. And it really the only good puncture mod.

Thanks for the responses guys! My main hang up was whether I got 770 or 1990 plat for the upgrade. Clearly 2k plat beats out 1k plat+one easy to obtain card. Much appreciated and hopefully this topic helps anyone else that's weighing their options. :)

Thanks for the responses guys! My main hang up was whether I got 770 or 1990 plat for the upgrade. Clearly 2k plat beats out 1k plat+one easy to obtain card. Much appreciated and hopefully this topic helps anyone else that's weighing their options. :)

i'm thorn in upgrading to Master too... but take this in consideration:

- we have 1 month to decide

- if we catch a 75% discount those 50 bucks on the "plat only" become 12.5 bucks which is a GREAT deal

If i decide to upgrade to master would be mainly because of the DC thing, not anything else