Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us switch Railjacks within the squad.

Fionntan

Firstly, this has been an overall fun update with bugs and all. I loved seeing the diversity of fashion/mods/co-op taken to the next level in big badass ships! Many thanks for the early surprise DE.

Now with that said here's a little background story of mine. I figured having a new Railjack is just like when a new frame drops, so I went ahead built my own Railjack, picked a color theme, farmed mods/resources, crafted, named it and smashed a wine bottle to celebrate the birth of my Railjack! Then the next step to my master plan was to find a suitable host to join and share the results of my master piece.

Well, after I joined the host I noticed the game switched out to the host's Railjack instead and had no way to pick mines. Felt disappointed.

So here's what I want to propose: Let us switch between Railjacks in squad. 

Here's my train of thoughts on the benefits this brings to the table:

• Help out those starting out with fragile ships in the starter zone so they too can improve their ships.
  • In turn, this helps lengthen the gameplay since eventually players would want to deck out each other's ship.
  • By showing off each other's war spoils live from space as well as fashion choices would promote into to buying Railjack shiny skins/color palettes/bundles and more provide by DE from non host players.

In short, as it stands, I feel the update's potential is limited for those who can reliably host which in turn demotivates those who can't host from investing time and money into their own Railjacks. That's my 2 cents.

• Like 1

DE's fake TennoCon trailer seemed to suggest that you could use the central console in the Dry Dock to call your own Railjack. I kind of feel like they should make that a thing. Let anyone on the team try to call their Railjack using that console. If the team agrees via consensus vote, the Railjack already there leaves and that player's Railjack arrives in its place. You can then start missions from there. Of course, this implies that all players would see THE SAME Railjack at the dojo, rather than each seeing their own. I still say that's dumb and shouldn't be the case, not unless a player is customising. And even then - show us in space when we're customising so we can freely rotate around!

When launched from the Orbiter, it's even simpler. Use the Railjack of the player who chose the mission. Simple as that.

5 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

DE's fake TennoCon trailer seemed to suggest that you could use the central console in the Dry Dock to call your own Railjack. I kind of feel like they should make that a thing. Let anyone on the team try to call their Railjack using that console. If the team agrees via consensus vote, the Railjack already there leaves and that player's Railjack arrives in its place. You can then start missions from there. Of course, this implies that all players would see THE SAME Railjack at the dojo, rather than each seeing their own. I still say that's dumb and shouldn't be the case, not unless a player is customising. And even then - show us in space when we're customising so we can freely rotate around!

When launched from the Orbiter, it's even simpler. Use the Railjack of the player who chose the mission. Simple as that.

Interesting to know about the cutscene! I like both ideas so far.

5 hours ago, Klaleara said:

I want this, purely because some people suck at being hosts, while having the railjack we would prefer to use.

Good point! I wouldn't be surprised if some just want to sail their own ships even with high pings as a host, especially those decked out with all the bells and whistles to make use of.