Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Relic Changes

(NSW)Drakeon8165

I don't normally ask for anything, but relics are a bit more rng than they're worth so i'd like to propose some changes. Whether or not you use one, all, or none is of course up to you.\

First suggestion:

Change it so when you're alone, either by selecting SOLO MODE or you just enter that part of the mission alone and stay alone for the round, you get a choice of two or three relic rewards instead of being stuck with just one.

This would be a good way to bring down some of the rng of relics, since you now have 3 chances to get what you want instead of just one PLUS the player would have to be on their own to get this (so it'd probably be best to not do this alongside my other suggestion)

Second suggestion: 

When refining a a relic, instead of spending traces to have a better chance of getting a rare or uncommon reward, why not instead have it take a reward out of the equation? 

So it'd be like this; you have your normal Neo M2, fresh from your preferred farming method. Using my suggestion, you refine it once and instead of messing with the odds, it simply removes the Akbronco Prime Bp from the drop table and the odds for everything else jumps up as a result. It's still there, you can still faintly see it, but you just don't have a chance to get it at the moment.

Refine it again. Now you lose your chance to get the Burston Prime Stock, but the odds for everything else goes up again. Refine it one last time. Now the Forma Blueprint is gone and all you have left are the Bronco Prime Barrel, the Limbo Prime Blueprint and the Mesa Prime Systems.

Finally, you notice two arrow icons. One pointing left, the other pointing right (with the right one being faded out). you hit the left arrow and for a handful of traces, you lose chance to get the  Mesa Prime Systems, but now have a shot at the Forma Blueprint.

This one needed a lot more explanation to get my point across, but in terms of lore and player experience, it would basically make it easier to get the specific reward YOU want by simply dropping a reward out of the drop table. Then with the arrow buttons, you can then set the relic up so you can get a much better chance at getting say, forma or that one missing weapon piece that you never seem to get.

So anyways, that's it. Thank you for coming to my forum TED Talk and i appreciate all that you do DE!

I personally open Relics on my own, "Invite Only" matchmaking, and~ I usually choose Interception for it... I end up opening around 10 or so relics in a single mission, or simply stock up on traces by not choosing relics.

... I understand the reasoning behind the removal of one of the rewards per refinement, but the OP didn't think his/her entire multi-suggestion post through. Its not about the system, but the entire ecosystem where it belongs... In this case, the Relic system inside the ecosystem that is "Warframe".