The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Over The Rng

Yuripaff

When and how are you going to change the RNG?

I remember a few live streams ago you were talking about RNG and how much you guys know people hate it, yet I don't see anything about it changing or any solution to it.

It is hard enough to get T3 void key and then you have to hope and pray and have luck that the item you need will drop. I am so very much over it at the moment, I could see pass it when the latron prime came out and the god damn receiver would not drop for me, but now that I am farming the Mag prime and I got the stupid receiver that I don't want anymore.... You need to hurry and fix it because I have had enough,

I do play the game a fair bit, I am a founder and I also buy platinum every now and then so I do support your game and I have for a long time, but the RNG is killing me and I am close to not playing till you have a better system.

Edited by Yuripaff

Been trying to get an Ember system or chassis BP for a clanmate. We must've done like 20-30 runs and we haven't seen one single blue-print. We both are used to not getting what we need and having to do 50+ runs to get all the parts. But here we don't get anything. How do you suppose that would feel to a new player ?

The only change I remember seeing to RNG is that they split up the drop tables on a per enemy basis so that kind of helps a little.

I wouldn't say that there needs to be the ability to trade like BPs for other BPs, I would say that maybe in addition to having the chance to get a BP (albeit maybe at a lower chance than current to accommodate this) have the boss be guaranteed to drop some resource that can be traded in to get a BP. Essentially create a token system for the bosses where say you would kill Jackal and get a hypothetical "Jackal Token" for every kill. You could turn around and trade a number those in for a BP for a Rhino part. In addition to him still dropping the Rhino part BPs albeit at a bit more rare rate. 

This would allow DE to judge about how long they want people to have to farm for a specific frame to guarantee that they get it rather than having to worry about a lot of the woes of the RNG. You'd still have the ability to get everything you need after only a few runs but in the event that you don't you're not running the bosses for nothing. 

Two solutions just from top of my head:
A) (harder to program) Add two mini-bosses for each planet - one dropping (let's say) helmet BP and one dropping chassis BP. Leave systems BP at main boss. Set drop rates so it would still require few runs to get but at lest player can focus his effort.
B) (simpler to program) Instead of credits each blueprint could be exchanged for a corresponding token - certain number of tokens can be exchanged for missing BP (perfect solution for players extremely unlucky with one part while still allowing those extremely lucky to get whole set in few runs).

Trade system (as stated in livestream) will be restricted to mods.

Edited by xGryphus

Two solutions just from top of my head:

A) (harder to program) Add two mini-bosses for each planet - one dropping (let's say) helmet BP and one dropping chassis BP. Leave systems BP at main boss. Set drop rates so it would still require few runs to get but at lest player can focus his effort.

B) (simpler to program) Instead of credits each blueprint could be exchanged for a corresponding token - certain number of tokens can be exchanged for missing BP (perfect solution for players extremely unlucky with one part while still allowing those extremely lucky to get whole set in few runs).

Trade system (as stated in livestream) will be restricted to mods.

I really like the sound of both of them!

I think the idea of B would be pretty good and not to much trouble to place in.

Edited by Yuripaff

I still didnt see Quick Thinking, Hammer Shot and Stabilizer. Did a lot of defense and survival missions, these mods dont drop.

Also Formas blueprints are not dropping as a reward anymore, whatever T2 or T3 mission that I do.

I got like 3 or 4 forma blueprints tonight in T3 survival. Every single time one was the reward I wanted to hit something.

I got like 3 or 4 forma blueprints tonight in T3 survival. Every single time one was the reward I wanted to hit something.

I got only one (not a blueprint, but a full forma) in the last 3 weeks. Did dozens of T2 and T3 missions of every type. Did some T1 missions too.

It dont drop anymore. 

I got only one (not a blueprint, but a full forma) in the last 3 weeks. Did dozens of T2 and T3 missions of every type. Did some T1 missions too.

It dont drop anymore. 

Forma? On T1s it has 1% drop chance, on T2s it is 11%, on T3s it is 37%.  These are for BPs, for full forma it's lower, I think 2% highest.

It does drop.

It dont drop anymore. 

I would gladly give you mine if the game let me! I just want Mag systems which has a horrible chance. RNG SUCKS!

It took my friends and I over 25 runs of T3 survival just to get the system.

Yes, the chance of that happening is still a whopping 5.4%, but it still suck regardless.

I have yet to seem a second hell’s chamber through 200+ hours of game play

I have yet to find a blaze via normal nightmare mode… (the one I have is event given)

Never seem sanctuary since the beginning of the game,

In all honestly, the RNG can get a bit discouraging some times.

I would suggest DE to implement a in house/clan trading system soon, or simply a token reward system.

In which tokens are rewarded for completing a certain map, (pretty much like alerts) but you can redeem items like bp, mods, etc  things that never seem to drop for you. with token in which you earned.

We need to ability to trade.

The reason DE are avoiding it is not because of exploits it's because it will drastically decrease the playtime required because of the RNG and to be frank all you do in Warframe is Farm. Ask yourself when was the last time you opted to do some actual ninja stuff instead of going for an alert with a potato in it or joining someone hosting a void mission so you can finally get that last part you need.

It took my friends and I over 25 runs of T3 survival just to get the system.

Yes, the chance of that happening is still a whopping 5.4%, but it still suck regardless.

I have yet to seem a second hell’s chamber through 200+ hours of game play

I have yet to find a blaze via normal nightmare mode… (the one I have is event given)

Never seem sanctuary since the beginning of the game,

In all honestly, the RNG can get a bit discouraging some times.

I would suggest DE to implement a in house/clan trading system soon, or simply a token reward system.

In which tokens are rewarded for completing a certain map, (pretty much like alerts) but you can redeem items like bp, mods, etc  things that never seem to drop for you. with token in which you earned.

Took me 200 hours to get frost damage on my rifle and secondary. 50 more to get serration and about 200 more before I picked up sanctuary. Still looking for a sure footed mod after 700 hours ...