Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Solution To Rng As Gating Mechanism For New Content.

mrfluffydeath

When of my major grievances with Warframe is the heavy use of the RNG. very little more so than in it's use to gate content.

Gating Content is the concept that content is inaccessible unless you have a key to open the gate. Now I am all for content being behind a gate until a key is earned, but what essentially happens, is a double grind. For example. When New Loot is added to the void, one needs to either have the keys on hand for the different areas to grind out the parts, or they need to grind for the keys to grind the parts.

When they eventually add loot (add more loot) to the orokin derelicts we will need to grind more nav coordinates  to build the derelict keys to grind the derelicts for the loot.

I propose, like the Clan key, we only grind out each type of key once. If DE still wants some sort of cost associated with entering a mission have the cost be resources. I would say it would cost an Orokin Cell to open a portal to the void, but those are rare as anything right now. It costs 10000 Nano-spores to open a portal to a Derelict.

I feel your idea could use some more work/elaboration. Could you provide some more detailed examples and ideas of how this would work?

Let's say the Market holds the Blueprint for VoidKey Defense. The Recipe is 3 each of the current Voide Defense Keys (Tier 1, 2, 3) and a Forma.

The output is Permanent Tier 1 Defense, Tier 2, and Tier 3 Defense Keys, (They won't go away when you use them, just like your Clan Key)

There is now the option to use the Permanent key, or use the disposable key. One could chose to use the disposable keys instead of saving them and crafting them. The disposable keys are still useful even when they aren't components as parts for the "master" key so to speak.

Noble idea however I think it's a bit late for it - think about all those people who spend Pt on Void Key. I'm sure they would feel screwed and pissed. And that's most optimistic scenario.

But I do agree that RNG in RNG is a bit inconvenient and should be somehow changed but not this way (at lest not at this point).

That would devalue former keys and cause a massive rift in the playerbase, between those who get their perma-keys cheap and farm to their heart's content and those who spent a lot of effort to get certain keys. Or a lot of plat.

To expand upon the idea, though, merging all Void keys to be universal for their Tiers (you have T1, T2 and T3 keys, and pick the mission) would be an angle you can play.

Edited by Ced23Ric

When of my major grievances with Warframe is the heavy use of the RNG. very little more so than in it's use to gate content.

Gating Content is the concept that content is inaccessible unless you have a key to open the gate. Now I am all for content being behind a gate until a key is earned, but what essentially happens, is a double grind. For example. When New Loot is added to the void, one needs to either have the keys on hand for the different areas to grind out the parts, or they need to grind for the keys to grind the parts.

When they eventually add loot (add more loot) to the orokin derelicts we will need to grind more nav coordinates  to build the derelict keys to grind the derelicts for the loot.

I propose, like the Clan key, we only grind out each type of key once. If DE still wants some sort of cost associated with entering a mission have the cost be resources. I would say it would cost an Orokin Cell to open a portal to the void, but those are rare as anything right now. It costs 10000 Nano-spores to open a portal to a Derelict.

I disagree. I don't see the problem in DE using a mechanic (read: RNG) that has been around for years. I also don't see the problem in getting void keys via grinding. It's way too late for DE to turn the void into just another area with planet level ease of access (if not more).

I disagree. I don't see the problem in DE using a mechanic (read: RNG) that has been around for years. I also don't see the problem in getting void keys via grinding. It's way too late for DE to turn the void into just another area with planet level ease of access (if not more).

Just because it's been around for years, doesn't mean it's good. Actually, It's very good. It's very good for Digital Extremes. It is very bad for the player-base.

Edited by mrfluffydeath

That would devalue former keys and cause a massive rift in the playerbase, between those who get their perma-keys cheap and farm to their heart's content and those who spent a lot of effort to get certain keys. Or a lot of plat.

To expand upon the idea, though, merging all Void keys to be universal for their Tiers (you have T1, T2 and T3 keys, and pick the mission) would be an angle you can play.

With an associated resource cost for the perma-keys, the disposable key would still be usable with no resource cost. This does off-load some of the grind from disposable key to resource, but the assumption would be resources are as a whole slightly easier to grind out than an individual specific void key. Right now, if the resource cost to open a gate to the void were orokin cells for example, I would rather use extra disposable keys I might have.

Permakeys are a no-no. People have stockpiled or purchased expendable keys.

Plus, keep in mind that if I had a permanent T3 capture, I'd literally grind it all day and get 5 mil credits at the end. It would be TOO EASY.

The acquisition and purchase of keys is exaclty what they are I will refer you to a post of someone who can speak far better than I. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/115083-has-some-of-the-community-forgotten-that-they-agreed-to-be-des-guinea-pigs-for-warframe/page-3#entry1338905 "The possession of an item is that. You can now use that item. If someone else has that item too, you still have yours. You can still use it. Nothing changed about your item. The only difference is, that someone else has it, too. If you take offense to that, you are actively hating the fact that you are not special and perceived as better/richer than someone else, despite having no disadvantages from that. You are gaining the feeling of superiority because someone else has less than you have."

But the already acquired and purchased keys have a use that I addressed in post #8.

As for farming Tier 3 capture for tons of credits, well the credit reward would have to be reduced to match the effort involved in doing it wouldn't it? Having Effort match Reward and Reward match Effort should be something to be work towards cause both increases and reductions.

Edited by mrfluffydeath

So are we to abandon thread?

I mean there is still the fact that even if they did Perma-keys like suggested, disposable keys would still have a use even platinum purchased ones. I do not think the solution would be to offer refunds on key-packs (again). I would feel much better about saying purchases stand if people bought specific keys with platinum, but since Everything DE does is RNG based... I'm surprised they didn't make the Svandanas and sentinel parts like a Mystery Claw machine.