Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Squad Size

Authoritycat

Good afternoon! 

Have been thinking about Empyrean for the past few days and came to the conclusion that the 4 player squad limit just does not fit. Having three weapons, a pilot and an engineer already brings the number up to 5 minimum, and I believe 6 would be perfect for the new game mode. The only real issue I heard from people is hosting, but since this is already a clan activity aboard a specific individual's Railjack, the right host with the right internet connection is already being chosen, at least in my clan's case. 

Right now my clan is kind of avoiding Railjack outside of the occasional mission for fun because it feels like we should be playing with the who clan (5 to 6 people) but cannot. Someone is always being left out so we eventually just go back to out usual quads/solo groups and just chat on Discord. Railjack is a big commitment and is currently leaving some of my clan members out of the fun.

I know this is possible since conclave exists, and I can only think of one thing that would really prevent it: Railjack integration into regular missions, nut wait, I have a solution that goes hand-in-hand with anotehr upcoming update! You guys showed off squad-link at Tennocon. Imagine if, when going down for a mission out of the Railjack, the larger squad breaks into two smaller squads (3/3 or 4/2) taht can interact in some. One could be a survival with the other being a spy and the two teams could affect each other and gain mutual rewards. This would allow for Railjack to have the amount of people it feels it is made for without directly changing the normal mission squad limit,

In review, I think 4 people is perfect for the base-game missions, but Railjack (and I'd say the open worlds too) need to have larger squads. This would greatly help the clan aspect of the game, allow for new implications for the future squad-link feature and generally make the game more fun for larger groups of friends. Lock the feature behind the clan wall for proper hosting and let us go wild in our Railjacks!! The fact that the group has a single "health bar" they have to keep up would mean it wouldn't be OP either. Plus there will be 5 Intrinsic schools and at least two gunner spots at any time. Railjack screams 5-6 player game mode!!