The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

The Shedu can randomly jam during ingame missions.

TylerFreeman

After a few tests with the weapon, I am not sure how to replicate this bug since again, it is random. I don't know if it's some weird animation lock but I'm still trying to figure somethings out just because I don't want my arm cannon to suddenly become dead weight.

Often times, it can happen during a later mission or suddenly at the start of it.

I think I'm onto something. During the time I just had been loading into orb vallis, I saw a corpus drop ship spawn in and figured why not just shoot at it with the shedu.

During that time, my game seemed to have a small, subtle framerate dropping which is basically the game lagging from stuff still loading and when it was done, my weapon was now suddenly rendered inactive, which essentially broke it.

I think I could hazard a guess that its the near-instant reload related to the frame-rate glitch? That could be the possible cause behind as to why it acts like I have no ammo left in the reserves yet it's just a complete dud.

Also, forgot to say this was done on Solo mode so I can definitely admit that this can happen regardless of you being host or client.

Edited by TylerFreeman

I am experiencing the same issue.

I was doing Kuva Lich exterminate missions on Jupiter on public (nobody else in the party) as Mesa.

My Shedu will remain at 7 ammo and not fire, but make a clicking noise.

I thought it might have been that the weapon was disarmed and picked back up but that wasn't the cause in the next mission I ran as the gun was still firing for 20 or so seconds after picking it back up.

I may have been hit by a knockdown around the times it started malfunctioning, but I am using Primed Sure Footed.

Going into operator mode, switching to melee or the secondary weapon, using Peacemaker all had no affect and the gun still would act like it's jamming.

Dying and ressurecting managed to fix the issue though.

Additionally the way the character model stands while firing the Shedu makes it so that the Naru Syandana covers a majority of the screen so you can't see what you're shooting at lol.

Im having the same bug. I sometimes get it when using wukong's clone, and sometimes when shooting airborne/doing parkour. Although i am not sure if any of this is causing it. Also as im just leveling it for now it is to be noted that i do not have any ither weapon equipped.

Edit: From further test i am noticing that the shedu indeed jams when the framerate drops harshly. As i was shooting some grineer in close range the big ammount of particles made my FPS drop below 30 wich made the weapon jam

Edited by Searcad

20 hours ago, Searcad said:

Im having the same bug. I sometimes get it when using wukong's clone, and sometimes when shooting airborne/doing parkour. Although i am not sure if any of this is causing it. Also as im just leveling it for now it is to be noted that i do not have any ither weapon equipped.

Edit: From further test i am noticing that the shedu indeed jams when the framerate drops harshly. As i was shooting some grineer in close range the big ammount of particles made my FPS drop below 30 wich made the weapon jam

That seems to be the case whenever there's moments when the game will throw in tons of mobs and will no doubt cause you to lag a bit.

I've just completed an ESO run with infested running about and with the amount of fx they can throw around, it was guaranteed that my game would dip slightly and me being a trigger-happy tenno with the cannon, would fire blast after blast at those mobs.

After that, my Shedu jammed. I find this silly as no other weapon could even experience a glitch like this since it's even unheard of to begin with.

• Like 1

hace 3 horas, TylerFreeman dijo:

That seems to be the case whenever there's moments when the game will throw in tons of mobs and will no doubt cause you to lag a bit.

I've just completed an ESO run with infested running about and with the amount of fx they can throw around, it was guaranteed that my game would dip slightly and me being a trigger-happy tenno with the cannon, would fire blast after blast at those mobs.

After that, my Shedu jammed. I find this silly as no other weapon could even experience a glitch like this since it's even unheard of to begin with.

Yeah, after a few days i am very confident that framerate drops are what's causing the weapon to jam. It is always when they drop below 30, no matter where i am or what am doing.

I don't know how the shedu is coded into the game, but having a weapon whose firing relays on performance is quite a novelty.

Anyway we might have to wait untill january to get it fixed so yeah, enjoy the sentient papperweight.

13 hours ago, Searcad said:

Yeah, after a few days i am very confident that framerate drops are what's causing the weapon to jam. It is always when they drop below 30, no matter where i am or what am doing.

I don't know how the shedu is coded into the game, but having a weapon whose firing relays on performance is quite a novelty.

Anyway we might have to wait untill january to get it fixed so yeah, enjoy the sentient papperweight.

welp...This is gonna be painful to endure.

• Like 1

This is happening to me as well, While I was leveling the Shedu it would constantly lock and the only way to fix it would be to die. It is seemingly random as I as talking to someone who had only had it happen to them once, while I experience it almost every time I use the gun.

After looking at the weapon myself, the cause of this bug is you not firing the full clip. Whenever you shoot a few projectiles without emptying the clip, it has extreme chance to bug and jam the weapon. Dying/Respawning doesn't even fix it. 

After realizing this, I decided to exclusively dump the whole mag no matter what. It's never jammed for me since. Hope this helps.