Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miasma

PsycloneM

This is a follow-up on CitizenV's thread. I decided to test Miasma to see if the issues regarding the DoT have been resolved. As host, this is what I'm observing:

YJNNSko.jpg

Everything seems to be functioning normally with the exception of two cases: default helmet with no duration mods, and Chlora helmet with both duration mods. Based on the rest of the observations, these two cases appear to be missing a 250 damage tick at the end of their duration. To illustrate, here are the times at which damage is applied in all cases:

MKBwqUP.jpg

Chlora

ZozQnZc.jpg

In reference to the original thread, I don't think it's the case that Chlora is applying extra damage to Miasma when it shouldn't. A reduced damage tick is based off the additional fraction of a second that remains in Miasma's duration. For example, in the case of Chlora with no mods the full duration is equal to 3.8 seconds. Starting from t = 0, there are four damage ticks applied for the first three seconds. 0.8 seconds later, you get the reduced damage tick of 199 (which is from 250 x 0.8 = 200). With the default helmet and both duration mods, you have a 6.32 second duration. That corresponds to seven ticks of damage for the first six seconds, and 0.32 seconds later a reduced damage tick of 79 (250 x 0.32 = 80).

If the full duration of Miasma is four seconds, I would expect there to be a full damage tick at t = 4 s. If the duration is 6.004 seconds, I would also expect there to be a full damage tick at t = 6 s. I'm also curious as to why 1 damage is subtracted from the reduced tick. In the Chlora with full duration case, the additional 0.004 seconds would correspond to a reduced damage tick of 1 (which would explain why I'm not observing it if 1 damage is subtracted).

To summarize:

1. Using the default helmet with no duration mods or Chlora with both Continuity and Constitution seem to cause the DoT to terminate one second early (although reduced damage ticks are still applied at the very end of the duration), resulting in a loss of 250 damage.

2. Reduced damage ticks seem to have 1 damage subtracted from their totals in all cases.

Let me know if you guys are observing the same thing when you host.

Edited by PsycloneM

It's good to see that they've once again updated Miasma's code and almost completely fixed the problem.

I also can 'datamine' now, and from what I can understand of the mechanics, the issue with default helm with no duration items is that Miasma's DoT is calculated differently than when you have duration items. That's probably why there originally issues with it as well.

Also, when I quickly tested it, I got a reduced damage tick of 1 for Chlora with both duration mods. I'm not sure why the other combinations have reduced damage of 1 though.

Edited by CitizenV

Great thread. Very informative.

Thank you.

It's good to see that they've once again updated Miasma's code and almost completely fixed the problem.

I also can 'datamine' now, and from what I can understand of the mechanics, the issue with default helm with no duration items is that Miasma's DoT is calculated differently than when you have duration items. That's probably why there originally issues with it as well.

Also, when I quickly tested it, I got a reduced damage tick of 1 for Chlora with both duration mods. I'm not sure why the other combinations have reduced damage of 1 though.

Hmm, that's interesting. What differences in the calculations have you found?

Regarding Chlora with both duration mods, I tried it again and I'm not seeing a reduced damage tick of 1 (rather, I'm not seeing "1" pop up). Did you have Focus equipped? In that case, I see six ticks of 325 damage for the first five seconds, with a reduced damage tick of 1 at the end of the duration. Also, I should note that I'm testing this against Infested at the moment.

Hmm, that's interesting. What differences in the calculations have you found?

If you have no duration items, it seems to be calculated this way:

Miasma has 1000 base damage and base time of 4. Base damage / base time gives you damage per tick, thus you only get 4 ticks of 250.

I can't tell what's going on when you factor in duration mods, but it looks like it calculates additional damage from the increase in duration and then uses that for the extra ticks (can't see where it's referenced again, so it's not clear to me).

Regarding Chlora with both duration mods, I tried it again and I'm not seeing a reduced damage tick of 1 (rather, I'm not seeing "1" pop up). Did you have Focus equipped? In that case, I see six ticks of 325 damage for the first five seconds, with a reduced damage tick of 1 at the end of the duration. Also, I should note that I'm testing this against Infested at the moment.

Whoops... I did have focus equipped this time when I tested it ><. Sorry, late at night.