Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the new "Erra" quest

DTFinn

So I know I probably already triggered half the population with my statement. Gonna get downvoted for my own opinion, most likely atleast.

For anyone with a common sense, here is my reasoning:

I just now started really getting into Railjack stuff. I finished my dry dock like a few days ago and been doing the new quest whenever I had time.

My problems with it: The mission structure, design and bland grindyness. I'm at a point where I have now done 4 times the exact same mission with heavy grind afterwards for 4 different parts with no variety at all. I do not know at this point if there is a 5th mission of that type, but if there is, I am not gonna do that again. It's lazy design, nothing more.

But lets start in order:

The missions:

So every mission so far was the following: go to drydock - interact with a thing - go to planet x - go to a spot - stand in that spot - kill vomvalyst - stand in the spot - go to dry dock - install part - grind materials for repairs - wait unskipable 12 hours - repeat x4. There is NO variety. Sure the dialogue changes from Cy, but really I do not care what he's telling me, if his missions suck ass. I do not get how this bad design left the ideas room.

Also the unskipable 12 hours waiting is the biggest BS ever. DE has no problems charging us 280 platinum for a regular new rifle, but do not let us skip long ass waiting times on NEW AND EXCITING CONTENT. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO DO WHEN NEW STUFF COMES OUT, WAIT FOR A TOTAL OF 2 DAYS SO FAR WHERE I CAN DO NOTHING BUT WAIT. ISN'T THAT EXCITING?!?!? Sure I can go matchmake railjack, but I'm a solo player. I enjoy new content always firstly on solo and afterwards in a party. I want to understand what I'm doing before matching with other dudes. 

I can totally understand if this mission was a one or even two time thing. Would be okay. But 4 times the same fcking thing with the same fcking waiting is a bit much if you ask me.

So yea after thinking about it, this is really my only problem so far with the Quest. Too bad its 90% of the quest. Let's hope Railjack isn't as bad in solo as they said.

vor 1 Minute schrieb TheRealTimmey:

DE has no problems charging us 280 platinum for a regular new rifle, but do not let us skip long ass waiting times on NEW AND EXCITING CONTENT.

And before anyone wants to say "WeLl YoU cAn JuSt FaRm ThE nEw WeApOn".

Yea you can, but still, they offer you to skip the grind for 280 plat or something. Why dafuq they do that, but want us to wait for new content for atleast 2 days where no matter how much skill, money or time you have, you need to wait?

Also also, someone or something already changed my title from "The new quest sucks and here is why" to "feedback blabla" because in a games forum that is 16+ it's not allowed to use the word "suck" in your title. Atleast that's the only reason I can think of.

Edit: I just want to clarify that I do not intent to bully or harass any developer here. I voice my own opinion, with my words against the design of a mission. I do not attack any of the developers personally, just their work. So if any developer or manager happens to read this, this is critique of your game, not you personally. Let's face it, DE staff are pretty cool guys, from what I can see, I just do not agree with certain decisions made for thise specific content.

Edited by TheRealTimmey

Just now, TheRealTimmey said:

Also also, someone or something already changed my title from "The new quest sucks and here is why" to "feedback blabla" because in a games forum that is 16+ it's not allowed to use the word "suck" in your title. Atleast that's the only reason I can think of.

You know you can edit your thread right?  No need to keep posting new comments when they're not in response to anything.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Jiminez_Burial:

You know you can edit your thread right?  No need to keep posting new comments when they're not in response to anything.

Honestly no, I didn't saw that button until now. I've never used this forum before, cause I never felt the need to do so. Pardon me, next time I'll edit stuff. Thanks for the info!

13 minutes ago, TheRealTimmey said:

NEW AND EXCITING CONTENT. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO DO WHEN NEW STUFF COMES OUT

Why didn’t you build the Railjack ahead of time then? We were able to do it weeks before Empyrean launched. DE said that would happen. If you waited for Empyrean that’s your own fault.

14 minutes ago, TheRealTimmey said:

But 4 times the same fcking thing with the same fcking waiting is a bit much if you ask me.

It’s actually six times. And it was perfectly fine if you did it all prior to Empyrean launching. I get that it’s less okay now.

10 minutes ago, TheRealTimmey said:

It’s probably because your title was not constructive. You need to tell whoever did it that this is not the Erra quest, you are talking about a different one. You can probably edit it yourself.