Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept Idea-Valiant

Jin_Lightning

Valiant-The Noble Protector

I've always toyed with the idea of a Knight-based Warframe, especially after Livestream #15. They mentioned not making all designs for Tenno strictly oriental, and I think this concept could be the spearhead in that vision.

This idea was inspired by the 'Guardian' profession from 'Guild Wars 2'.

Abilities

1) Radiant Burst: Valiant releases a burst of energy that does AoE damage, and stuns for a very short time. Affected by Focus and Stretch.

2) Armour of The Defender: A party-wide buff that raises all party member's armour rating. Affected by Continuity/Constitution (When Armour 2.0 comes out, I think this would be exceptional.)

3) Safeguard: Valiant throws up his cape and blocks incoming frontal damage. When this power ends, it releases a healing burst to those within range. This would also give a downed played a percentage of their revive meter, maybe 20-40%, depending on the skill's rank. Affected by Continuity/Constitution, (Shield only) and Stretch (Healing burst only).

4) Final Vengeance: Valiant's gauntlets transform into a Sword and Shield, and allows him to go on a melee rampage. Affected by Focus and Continuity/Constitution.

Another thing I specificly put into the design of Valiant, is that he doesn't have a "push 1 button, kill everything" skill. A frame designed in support, but a frontline combatant could be very fun to use.

Leave comments and feedback if you like, or dislike my idea.

-Jin

Edit: I've changed the #3 skill from the original name, 'Martyr' to 'Safeguard'. I wasn't thinking of martyr in the correct sense.

Edit again: I added an extra part to Safeguard.

Edited by Jin_Lightning

Nice. I only have one issue.

Change the name of the 3 skill.

A martyr is someone who dies to support a cause, and becomes a hero.

Atleast in most senses.

This isn't dying, it's blocking.

Otherwise, it's a decent frame idea.

Sounds cool. Except that it may need to be something other than a cape for Martyr, given that so far, scarves are the only apparel with physics and are plat only. Regardless, now i want a cape, especially black for ash.

And now i picture this

a0QkeSw.jpg

That's not a bad pic, but the cape is just part of Valiant. Nekros has his own unique visual items, and I think EVERY Warframe should have something like that.

For example, Ash should hav the option to have Shurikens all over him, for his skill 1.

I can't think of others right now though.

-Jin

Edited by Jin_Lightning

i agree 100% we need more frames that dont have a "press 4 to win" button, and we also need frames that utilize the games melee mechanics, we ARE ninjas masters of melee combat. i give you 100% support on this Jin. 

Also a question, how will power duration work on armor of the defender, would it increase the duration of the ability or the amount of armor that is added?

Edited by dasheroo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...