Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The ropalolyst is the dumbest thing I've done in a game in a while

Frostride

I logged after some months of not playing, since the game had nothing to offer me. The first thing that I noticed was "complete all nodes to access this alert"; I thought I had them all done, but it showed a list which is quite nice.

Turns out there is a new solo boss, that you have to tenno your way through. Tried it for a 2nd time, reached some walking state where you're supposed to hit it after blowing up some weird things on its back. I gave up on it at that point, since as usual figuring out what to hit is the main problem with the boss.

IMO bosses have been by far the weakest and most unenjoyable aspect of this game. Adding the tenno to the mix was the biggest no to me though; I could bear it as long as the warfame did the killing. I stopped playing around plains of eidolon due to this, hoping that like other game additions the tenno mode activties would die out. Ever since I've been logging on and off, to see that no, the tenno gameplay is still around. I played warframe for the warframes, not for this trainwreck that somebody apparently considers to be "gameplay".

Good job to you whoever you are, you manage to disgust me more and more each time I log. If not for my 1k hours investment in this game I would just uninstall it at this point.

21 minutes ago, Frostride said:

If not for my 1k hours investment in this game I would just uninstall it at this point.

Take this from someone who put hours into a game and quit because it was no longer enjoyable - don't let what you invested be the obligation to continue playing the game. The feeling of disgust will continue if you don't quit now; the sooner you quit the less you become disgust should you ever recall your views on the game. Only ever come back because you know you will enjoy the game.

You only need to use the Operator form to drain the Rope's shields once per phase (most likely while on one of the outer platforms), you can stay as a Warframe for every other part of the fight. For the first two phases you have to hit weakpoints on its back after you rodeo it, but for the third phase you can just shoot it anywhere. Each phase when you drain its health enough it will stumble, that's when you have to use the control panel near the entrance to the arena. This is the "terran charger" Alad is talking about.

My biggest problems with the fight are the enemies that lock onto you during cutscenes and the dumb grab attack it has, but with a solidly tanky Warframe and a suitable weapon you can get by pretty easily.

It's a very buggy mission. If you don't get on the energy platform right away, the Ropalolyst shoots several red lasers which can one shot kill you. You can get killed on the central platform or on the electric wires. They need to lower the damage output of the lasers because getting killed while you transverse the wires is dumb. If you don't set off the energy coils and cling to the Ropalolyst after you knock out it's shields you can sometimes get stuck. It occasionally won't let you get off. People complain about this mission pretty frequently though I doubt they'll fix it. Empyrean is more urgent.