Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee For Invisible Loki?

Fyren

Question

I was wondering about melee weapon choice for a loki in invisibility. I have a few questions based on stuff I've found by searching the forum and looking at the wiki.

On the forum, I've seen it suggested a heat sword is best because of its attack rate. I've seen someone say it has a 1.5 rate but the wiki lists it as 1.3, so is the wiki wrong? Is the heat sword the fastest weapon besides the dual zoren?

As for the dual zoren, the wiki says has a higher crit multiplier than other weapons (and crit chance, but I don't think that would matter for a loki much). Every thread on the forum says they're terrible damage, though. Does the multiplier work with loki invisibility? Is the base damage just too low?

Heavy weapons get discussed a lot on the forum and it looks like most people think they're the best general melee weapons, but I guess being slow doesn't work out with invisibility?

12 answers to this question

i sometime use ash smoke screen and gram..

trust me it's a good cleaning set up

invisy+heavy charge

profit

But with a lighter weapon it work fine... for running away or being really stealthy or for exemple:

using a weapon with fire and eletricity hit everyone while being invisi and then shoot them

when they are fighting fire/elct work fine vs humanoids

Edited by Tsoe

If you want to deal max max DPS, i.e. onehitting level 55 grineers on alerts in pluto go for furax

() values are mods im using right now

150 base charge dmg

2x charge dmg mods (60% )

1x charge speed mod (39%)

1x crit dmg mod (42%)

+ Armor ignorant

+Charge attack is as fast as most normal swings

-cant charge while in the air

-no AOE

if you want to clean up quickly go for Gram with melee dmg and attack speed

2x Melee Dmg mods (49,odd %)

2x Weak element mods ('lectric for corpsus, fire for infested, Arpen for Grineer)

1x crit dmg mod (42%)

1x attack speed mods (none so far)

and get loads of %melee Dmg mods for your frame (150% XD)

This setup also increases the dmg of the slide, jump and wallwalk melee attack

+high AOE dmg with slide melee

+'long' swing animation makes it harder to stagger you

+not relying on charge for high dmg

+every Corpus is a onehit, no matter what

-Armor tends to reduce the Dmg conciderably

-the whole heavy weap dept. has a sluggish feel to it

Of course Loki could use power duration and power efficiency mods to fully exploit his invis crits.

The ingame tooltip says 1.3 attack speed for the heat sword.

Its really a matter of preferences, with half decent mods you even can have fun with the dual heatswords vs grineer on ceres. Its not the most efficient weapon, but i found the dual heatswords and the furax to have the right rythm, feel and looks for me. Try different ones, they arent that hard to get after all!

I've used both Dual Heat Sword and Dual Zoren on my Loki amd Dual Heat Sword is good for charged attacks while the Zoren is good for just spamming regular attacks.

I think Dual Zoren is better, right now I have only damage mods on it (because Its not a higher level for my mods) and it does as much damage as a my Heat Swords that are 10 levels higher.

On Infested missions (I only use Melee for infested) I invis and attack everything that charges at me (Chargers, Leapers, ect). Melee is best when you're going against low armor enemies. Never use it against high armor enemies.

And I (honestly) think a few headshots with a rifle would do more damage and kill the target before you get to it.

Depends on playstyle I guess.

I would agree with this. When my friend had his Loki, he used the giant Fragor to bash the enemies. Let me tell you, that thing is deadly, especially when your invisible.

I use my Scindo to invisimaul people plenty. My friend starts to laugh his &#! off when he sees groups of enemies explode into flaming, electrocuted gibs before his eyes.

I think the Heavy weapons are best for going invisible because your charge being interrupted is no longer an issue.

Edited by Naples

And I (honestly) think a few headshots with a rifle would do more damage and kill the target before you get to it.

Your Rifle against my Ash! Just kidding xD

Try the Slide attack on your Heatswords and Zorens if you have melee Dmg mods, thats where the madness starts.