Change The Name And Specs Of The Mk1 Braton

RX-74

MK1 Braton          Change it into>>>        Braton Laconic

Damage: 16                                              Damage: 20

RoF: 6.3                                                    RoF: 10

Accuracy: 40                                             Accuracy: 28.6

Magazine: 60                                            Magazine: 45

Reload: 2.2                                               Reload: 2.37

Basically changing the MK1 Braton into more of a downgraded version of the regular Braton and with a much better name (imo).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconic

Edited by RX-74

So it shoots one less bullet per second over the regular braton? 
So instead of at least being unique but weaker, and fit for a starter weapon to get people into the game. 
You've made it within 10% of being exactly the same thing. 
It's rather a terrible idea. 

So you make it deal some more damage, but make it faster and more inaccurate. It definitely makes it seem like a downgrade, but that wouldn't really be newb-friendly.

Then according to you the Braton is a downgrade to the MK1 Braton.

Really? Really?!

It's too crappy and I want to make it less crappy.

Same as Braton but just a little slower rate of fire.

There's not much point to it then. The rate of fire could be easily changed with a mod. Besides, most players jump straight to Braton after the Mk 1 anyways. There's no point to changing stats.

I can't see any rational reasons for DE doing this...

Making a starter weapon less crappy is not a rational reason?

To keep the MK1 Braton as it is it should really change it's skin and it's name too obviously because it makes no sense to have a gun that looks exactly the same as another gun and yet be so different.

Making a starter weapon less crappy is not a rational reason?

To keep the MK1 Braton as it is it should really change it's skin and it's name too obviously because it makes no sense to have a gun that looks exactly the same as another gun and yet be so different.

I can't find the words to argue against this, I don't agree with you at all, I just can't find the words.

Really? Really?!

What? No. The Braton deals a lot more damage, and it fires faster, so it's definitely worthwhile. But the MK1-Braton is slower (easier to control), has a higher clip size and is basically pinpoint accurate. Do you seriously think it's fair to give an inaccurate fast firing gun to someone who's still getting the feel of the controls?

Also, the MK1-Braton's stats aren't bad, it's just the damage that is bad. It's a marksman's rifle - average speed, very accurate and it's automatic. If the damage were boosted, it'd be a good gun. Oh wait, the Soma's basically what the MK1-Braton would be if it weren't a starter weapon.

Point is, a newb is still getting used to the controls, so give them precise weapons to make it easy. The MK-1 Braton, Lato and Skana are all easy to use. The Braton is more inaccurate and with greater fire rate, so it's (slightly) harder to get headshots on.

Hell, the Braton isn't even that inaccurate. But for the newest of new players, something similar to it would be hard to use.

What? No. The Braton deals a lot more damage, and it fires faster, so it's definitely worthwhile. But the MK1-Braton is slower (easier to control), has a higher clip size and is basically pinpoint accurate. Do you seriously think it's fair to give an inaccurate fast firing gun to someone who's still getting the feel of the controls?

Also, the MK1-Braton's stats aren't bad, it's just the damage that is bad. It's a marksman's rifle - average speed, very accurate and it's automatic. If the damage were boosted, it'd be a good gun. Oh wait, the Soma's basically what the MK1-Braton would be if it weren't a starter weapon.

Point is, a newb is still getting used to the controls, so give them precise weapons to make it easy. The MK-1 Braton, Lato and Skana are all easy to use. The Braton is more inaccurate and with greater fire rate, so it's (slightly) harder to get headshots on.

Hell, the Braton isn't even that inaccurate. But for the newest of new players, something similar to it would be hard to use.

Well, my point I guess is that the MK1 Braton is nothing like the regular Braton but they look the same therefore I think that the MK1 Braton should change it's skin and not be called Braton at all... MK1 or not.

Edited by RX-74

You have no arguments but you don't like the proposed change of the gun.

No you misunderstand, I have the arguments, I just can't find a way to put them into words on the forum in ways that would be acceptable(and I don't want any warnings).

Not very good with expressing myself through words, I failed English in school and everything. I usually express myself through screaming in people faces in different pitches.

Laconic means reserved in demeanor or speech....IE: reserved.

The MK-1s slower rate of fire and higher accuracy, with lower damage per bullet, is MORE laconic than the new stats you've suggested. A player would be MORE reserved with a more accurate, lower damage gun than a higher speed gun with less accuracy and better ammo economy.

And anyway, no! why! DE has bigger fish to fry than this :)

EDIT: MK-1, meaning Mark 1, generally indicates the first of a series of prototypes. IE, the later ones will be better. Hence the very different sats.

Edited by notionphil

actually, yes. i could barely stand to use the MK-1 Braton, when i saw the Braton was 'superior' by spamming more bullets, i threw in the towel and bought a Snipetron and Lex way back then. 

i can't stand that the Braton is 'better' by missing more. 

anyways, the MK-1 Braton is an amazing weapon for new players as it stands, so what's wrong with it?

nothing.

as for weapons that look similar, you're gonna have a ball with Snipetron, Snipetron Vandal, and Lanka. 

i happily await that thread. you'll get the same responses. weapons should be more unique, not less.

Exactly. New players needs to get accustomed to consistently hitting weak points to make the most out of what they have. A spray-weapon right off the bat would probably tell them to 'just keep shooting at things until they drop'.

EDIT: MK-1, meaning Mark 1, generally indicates the first of a series of prototypes. IE, the later ones will be better. Hence the very different sats.

Again: Exactly. Corpus discovered Braton Prime pieces, Corpus tries to recreate it, Corpus discovers that it's a slow-firing accurate weapon, upgrades the firerate and damage and markets it as the Braton. Corpus mass produces and sells the Mark1s anyways because profit.

Laconic means reserved in demeanor or speech....IE: reserved.

The MK-1s slower rate of fire and higher accuracy, with lower damage per bullet, is MORE laconic than the new stats you've suggested. A player would be MORE reserved with a more accurate, lower damage gun than a higher speed gun with less accuracy and better ammo economy.

And anyway, no! why! DE has bigger fish to fry than this :)

A prototype of a gun doesn't differ as much as the MK1 Braton differ to the Braton and as I said in post #18 keep it but change it's skin and name and the Braton Laconic can still be introduced as a slightly cheaper version of the Braton.

Edited by RX-74

A prototype of a gun doesn't differ as much as the MK1 Braton differ to the Braton and as I said in post #18 keep it but change it's skin and name and Braton Laconic can still be introduced as a slightly cheaper version of the Braton.

says.....who? prototypes can be wildly divergent from the finished model. and hey, this is a videogame, lighten up on the faux realism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_gun