Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for railjack artillery changes

Prexades

As of right now the artillery is pretty useless in higher levels. The gun is not scaling and doesn't have upgrades except one avionic which is not enough to make it useful. My idea would be to give the artillery its own upgrade slot and a few possible variants.

1. Energy lance aka Thanix. A continues lance of destructive energy that slowly extends when the fire button is held. It is very destructive to anything in its path and melts crew ships as well, even able to strike multiple crewships with a skilled gunner and pilot. But not enough to inflict serious damage to large structures and galleons.

2. Blast gun aka Plas-even-more: a wave of destructive energy striking everything in front of the Railjack. Large falloff and crewships might need multiple hits to destroy.

3. EM Pulse. Large range and a bit of spool up time. Can destroy crewships as well because it directly damages the crewships reactor containment bypassing armor. Long range, but its main use is against structures and galleons as it disables their external defenses.

Oh and at high gunnery the pilot should be able to switch to artillery mode directly from the ships control while still being able to maneuver. Aside from ammunition ussage the artillery could still have a drawback of draining power of the ships systems and cause all normal turrets deal less damage after firing.

Edited by Prexades

Plasma and particle debuffs allow the artillery to one-shot crewships in Veil without the Forward Artillery avionic, as does Rhino buff, Garuda passive, ect.  You don't need all of these, just your favorite combination of teamwork and coordination to use the artillery cannon.

My gunner and I just let me align and prime the target with plasma debuffs before he shoots.  Easy, painless.

The biggest QoL it needs is: Do NOT allow anyone to go into it when there is 0 charges.

There is nothing better than wasting 5s to get there and not have any charge to shoot.

Also, the Artillery can OHK in the Highest Veil, but needs a specific setup and can be quiet cumbersome.

Someone has to keep proc'ing the Crewship with Plasma and/or Particle, since those 2 increase the damage dealt to the Crewship. Plasma lasts 20s but Particle lasts 8s, so you have to have someone shooting constantly if you want both of those effecting the Crewship and maximize the damage.

Cumbersome, as I said.

But I wouldnt mind different Artilleries.

Edited by Kaotyke