The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shawzin Bot Usage

GregTheSpark

Greetings. I'm trying to find online whether or not using ShawzinBot (or something similar) is allowed. I've found a few forum posts by staff regarding macros, and it seems to be a little bit unclear to some people. I've found Reddit posts of people discussing being banned over using such a program, people saying it's okay to use and it was something else that caused the ban, and people saying the ShawzinBot is a bannable offense. I've come across people using this program and they've told me it's fine. I'd like to hopefully get a clear message from someone at DE about whether or not it's okay to let ShawzinBot mess around with the virtual video game guitar, as I think it's something very neat to see in-game. 

1 hour ago, GregTheSpark said:

get a clear message from someone at DE

Pro tip:

Contact DE. The general discussion forum's are not the place, and off topic is even more wrong.

Anyway, there's no problem with macros and shawzin bots.

The problem are macros that completely automate the gameplay. I.e a macro that automatically melees for you without needing to press anything would be a reason for a ban, but a macro that keeps meleeing as long as you hold a button would be fine.

It's similar to shawzin bots, only that playing shawzin has nothing to do with gameplay.

You can automate those all you want. Heck, it even has an autoplay feature in-game.

• Like 1