Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Today I Am So Ashamed To Be A Guy...

Vitras

Understandable if you're trying to not be violent.

Honestly, though, these types of guys don't respond to any words. You can call them pigs or tell them to F*** off all you like, they never respond. They just laugh it off.

Again, I'm just a different type of guy, but in those types of situations, I say giving them a few solid hits is all it takes.

Especially if they do that sort of thing again.

I don't even know if I'll be able to restrain myself if there's a next time.. One thing for sure though, I know they're scared of me. One time a year or two ago i got sick of them teasing me and picking on me (locker room crap), and I said something serious to them and since then they haven't done anything to me. So I feel like I might have to play the big brother kind of role.. which I'm fine with.

And I feel better talking to another guy that has respect for girls. Long live chivalry.

The last time i met some one that innocent was when i met a 19 year old girl whos parents sheltered her so highly she didnt even know what sex was. No i was not preying on anyone or being a pervert i was acctualy talking to her about the way some people use sex as a status symbol

The last time i met some one that innocent was when i met a 19 year old girl whos parents sheltered her so highly she didnt even know what sex was. No i was not preying on anyone or being a pervert i was acctualy talking to her about the way some people use sex as a status symbol

I've met someone like that too. But my friend is aware of it all, and she just doesn't want to be like that. She's patient and even okay with being a virgin all her life if she doesn't find someone she wants to spend her life with. I find it respectable.

The more I read the more I want to support both of you. Of course, I'm not an angel. I have groups of people I hate (probably someone will say without a reason, but I, of course, have reasons for it in my head). But well, anyway, I'm supporting Nugget. With good word and a good punch you can achieve much more than with good word alone. And such people like your girl must be defended by any means necessary.

Edited by Dansilent

The more I read the more I want to support both of you. Of course, I'm not an angel. I have groups of people I hate (probably someone will say without a reason, but I, of course, have reasons for it in my head). But well, anyway, I'm supporting Nugget. With good word and a good punch you can achieve much more then with good word alone. And such people like your girl must be defended by any means necessary.

I must admit (no matter how cheesy) this is actually inspiring to read some of these replies.. Thank you guys (or girls). I'm probably going to be suspended for beating those two if it happens again but i think it'll be worth it.

Edited by Vitras

Hey, we are all Tenno here. A fellow Tenno gotta help a Tenno out.

And if you need me I'll just switch to my Ash real quick, beat them real quick if you know what I'm sayin' Computer-Ninja.jpg

But seriously, be there for her and....um.....don't try to kill her with gifts. I know you have other reason to give her gift, but still, sometimes all that is needed is a listening ear, or a back to shoulder type deal (image below), or a hug....all ya need ;3

HandOnShoulder.jpg

Edited by RageManT

"The man being judged for his deeds" as we say in post soviet countries.

We are trully different. If I were you in that situation,then I would start a fight to make that **** pay for it.

Sometimes you have to be rough to protect the persons that you like. IMHO of course.

Thought process on this thread

See title, think 'oh god, gender politics BS'

Click anyway and read post

'Um, what?'

Read replies

'Honestly?'

Those guys were retards, your flustered, and I think this is mountains outta mole hills. Dunno, anyway just nut up, drop any sexist views you have (a person is a person, and I know a lot of bisexual and gay people who are dirtbags) and maybe ask your ladyfriend out already instead of staying in the friendzone.

"The man being judged for his deeds" as we say in post soviet countries.

We are trully different. If I were you in that situation,then I would start a fight to make that **** pay for it.

Sometimes you have to be rough to protect the persons that you like. IMHO of course.

I don't always find fights to be the right way, but if it happens more or if something worse happens, who knows what I'll do.

Thought process on this thread

See title, think 'oh god, gender politics BS'

Click anyway and read post

'Um, what?'

Read replies

'Honestly?'

Those guys were retards, your flustered, and I think this is mountains outta mole hills. Dunno, anyway just nut up, drop any sexist views you have (a person is a person, and I know a lot of bisexual and #$$ people who are dirtbags) and maybe ask your ladyfriend out already instead of staying in the friendzone.

Yeah, I don't like having those views on people.. And I've already tried asking her 2 or 3 times in the 3 years I've known her, but I'm fine with it.

(i apologize that this is kinda long but i think it's worth it.. i still feel so bad)

So my best friend is a girl. She's an abstinent kind of girl, no naughty stuff and everything, nice, sweet, really great..

We were working a bake sale booth with a couple of other guys (fundraising for school stuff) and some people came along to buy a couple of snacks. One of the guys purposely dropped the money on the floor when he handed it to her and she bent over to pick it up. I realized that the two guys made sure to do that so they could check her out and try to look down her clothes (shirt and pants) when she did that.

I told her that happened a few minutes later when we went to go wash dishes. She was so shocked and mad they did something so low, she barely ever gets genuinely angry. So we went back and they were all "we were looking all over for you." As soon as she was back behind the table, one of the guys was trying to stand behind her (the table was close to the wall) and the other was going to take a picture of it. The good thing was since i alerted her of what they did before, she didn't let him get anywhere near her.

Not even 3 minutes later one of them tried to get her to bend over again and she said yeah right. He was trying to play it off as innocent. I called his bluff and called them both "immature pigs. muddy sloppy pigs." (to me, cussing solves nothing and doesn't offend anyone anymore.)

When we were driving back she told me she felt so degraded. I've never seen her so upset and it actually breaks my heart to think this little girl (she's actually little) was about to cry. And I hate myself because i could have stopped it.

The ironic part of it all was I told her yesterday that I thought those two guys treated girls like dirt; now i wish i wasn't right and it never happened...

I've always had sort of a sexist view on guys. I'm not #$$, either, I just know guys very very often use girls as tools.. I need help to cheer her up. I've already ordered a couple of things to give her as gifts but I don't know what else to do.

Why?  Did you do those things?  Did you passively or actively tolerate those things?  No, not from your description.

Buying into it being your fault is buying into the idea of 'rape culture'. You are NOT responsible for the faults of others because you share a gender.  You are responsible for what you do, or do not do.

Why?  Did you do those things?  Did you passively or actively tolerate those things?  No, not from your description.

Buying into it being your fault is buying into the idea of 'rape culture'. You are NOT responsible for the faults of others because you share a gender.  You are responsible for what you do, or do not do.

Thank you, it helps to hear that. But I wish I could at least have caught on to what they were doing quicker.. Now all I can say the damage is done. :/

Presents and gifts may make things better for her, but only temporarily. 

You are her friend, you warned her about what happened, and you protected her, preventing it from happening again. You should be feeling somewhat decent about yourself.

As for what to do? Just talk to her. Do not get into her face, spend time with her, ask her if there is anything that you can do for her, be it unimportant, or critical things she may want done. 

You are a good friend to her, just continue being a good friend, and support her when she is upset. 

You done good, kid. You done good. Keep it up.

Presents and gifts may make things better for her, but only temporarily. 

You are her friend, you warned her about what happened, and you protected her, preventing it from happening again. You should be feeling somewhat decent about yourself.

As for what to do? Just talk to her. Do not get into her face, spend time with her, ask her if there is anything that you can do for her, be it unimportant, or critical things she may want done. 

You are a good friend to her, just continue being a good friend, and support her when she is upset. 

You done good, kid. You done good. Keep it up.

I have been trying to be like that, yes. Thank you for that. After today i think she's feeling better; I wrote her a note saying that I'm there for her if she needs anything.