Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How exactly does individual extraction from Railjack as client work?

Mephane

Question

Usually either I host myself, or join a friend's Railjack, and we would always return to Dry Dock and never launch the next mission directly, because us or some random players might want to leave, scrap dropped wreckage etc. Today I went as client into a Railjack pub, and after the mission, the host flew straight into the next mission. Okay, so I left the mission there, assuming that when the mission success popup appears, all rewards up until that point would have been saved anyway. Except when I was back in my Orbiter, the mission result screen showed none of the dropped avionics or resources, no intrinsics gained, the only thing I got were the rewards from the mission itself.

Is this how it's supposed to be? Host able to drag you into the next mission holding all the loot drops and intrinsic points hostage? If not, what is the proper way to leave gracefully without losing that stuff?

4 answers to this question

When you see the summary screen with nothing in it, its because its the last (after you completed but the host continued) mission. This display has been buggy af since railjack released, sometimes not showing proper rewards, or even incorrect time-in-mission. Sometimes even when you return to dojo, if you use the hosts Drydock Config panel, the most recent rewards won't show in there until you leave and return.

I wouldn't trust the end-of-mission summary for the time being, but rather rely on your inventory to confirm if you actually received the rewards. As it stands, once the green "return to railjack" countdown finishes and all players are back on board, that is the point that it updates your account. Anything after that, if you abort, is lost. This is the only effective means to "exit" a railjack mission after the host starts a new one. The previous mission rewards should remain intact though when you abort like this.

Edited by Vaeldious
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Afaik atm the host can just drag you around until you abort. But someone please correct me if that horror is wrong.

Yeah but until I tried it myself today, I was under the impression you are free to leave after the mission reward popup and keep everything from until that point...