Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse

Kolos1001

Just finished crafting it and it does not dissapoint. I love the animations and sound. The damage is decent and when shot through a volt shield man it's crazy. Thumbs up to you guys for this one. The only thing I'd like to see adjusted is the color customization for the weapon. It seems a bit off when trying to customize it to darker colors and hues. Blues and greens come in great but blacks are pretty bad.

Otherwise it's amazing and I potatoed it after like 2 missions using it. Might be my new favorite

Dont get too used to that Volt shield bro, theres no way thats gunna stay like that!

Its a great weapon, mainly because its just so FUN to use and i love the SFX and animations, but like all the great weapons it takes ALOT of work before it really shines,
Mines 3 Forma atm but is easily going to require 4

Remember to add a maxed Vital Sense to it ASAP but to only add a 100% Point Strike mod to it [since its got a 50% crit chance anyway any more than this is a waste of mod points]

I personally like to outfit mine with Hellfire, Wildfire and Bane of Infested and ROAST infested with it, its just so damn satisying haha

Dont get too used to that Volt shield bro, theres no way thats gunna stay like that!

Its a great weapon, mainly because its just so FUN to use and i love the SFX and animations, but like all the great weapons it takes ALOT of work before it really shines,

Mines 3 Forma atm but is easily going to require 4

Remember to add a maxed Vital Sense to it ASAP but to only add a 100% Point Strike mod to it [since its got a 50% crit chance anyway any more than this is a waste of mod points]

I personally like to outfit mine with Hellfire, Wildfire and Bane of Infested and ROAST infested with it, its just so damn satisying haha

I'll probably just use the same build I have for soma. Is gonna require 4 or 5 formas.

Edited by Kolos1001

Yeah strangely enough it really IS a similar build!

Just remember that unfortunately no fire rate mods work on it, so no need for speed trigger or Shred,  as a HUGE fan of puncture mechanics in game i am still trying to work out whether Shreds puncture works on it at all, at this stage i dont believe it does :(

One thing it REQUIRES is a maxed Ammo Mutator mod just like the Soma!  these babys empty out FAST!

Just remember that unfortunately no fire rate mods work on it, so no need for speed trigger or Shred,  as a HUGE fan of puncture mechanics in game i am still trying to work out whether Shreds puncture works on it at all, at this stage i dont believe it does :(

One thing it REQUIRES is a maxed Ammo Mutator mod just like the Soma!  these babys empty out FAST!

I was planning on using shred for the puncture. It really doesn't work on the gun?

I was planning on using shred for the puncture. It really doesn't work on the gun?

Just tested, can shoot Grineer through doors, but its not consistent.

Looks like it veers off at an angle when it penetrates.

Just tested, can shoot Grineer through doors, but its not consistent.

Looks like it veers off at an angle when it penetrates.

Yea other weapons( Lanka, Supra for example) have that issue but it sonly seems to affect projectile weapons

Hopefully DE will fix that soon

Crit DMG does but since the Snapz has a 50% crit chance already, theres no point in going higher than 100% chance with the point strike mod!

make sense?

it only saves You 1 mod point anyway but hey haha

From testing though, it appears as though exceeding 100% crit just turns into a form of multishot where you'll fire an extra bullet that might or might not crit.

From testing though, it appears as though exceeding 100% crit just turns into a form of multishot where you'll fire an extra bullet that might or might not crit.

Would like confirmation because that sounds extremely abusable with this gun haha.

Would like confirmation because that sounds extremely abusable with this gun haha.

Not really actually.  Numerically it's not that much of a buff, or at least not the way I've accounted for it in my calculations.

I am interested in confirmation too and would really like someone to do frame counting as that's the only real way to verify exactly what's happening.

Flux rifle works with Shreds puncture so Im pretty sure Synapse will work too since its pretty much the same principle gun.

Edit: I might be wrong as I didnt try shred on Synapse but just having conclusion from using both weapons alot.

Edited by Enigma-Salad