Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't use new fishing menu because of bind conflicts

(PSN)ARobotBear

I have a fairly specific controller config I like to play the game with and it's how I've played it since the beginning of my account on ps4, to summarize it, I use the touchpad for all my abilities/operator  and L1 as activate elected power when I want to use one ability on repeat so I don't have to swipe at my controller like nuts while playing excal and such, but with the new ui for fishing spears I have to change my config entirely because the game thinks I have my ability menu mapped to r1, even though it's my melee, so whenever I want to throw bait, I melee unless I go change one of my inputs. Basically, if it's not too much trouble can I get an option to let me use the old radial menu for fishing with bait being all fire, or a way to remap the new menu to not be tied to the ability menu? Or just let me put the ability menu on L1? I don't get why it says L1 is still focus and transference when I have it mapped to pressing the touchpad, I appreciate how much we can remap as is, but warframe is starting to have so many different systems and menus I'd say a controller mapping overhaul update would be a good idea in general. Love the game but this is the most needlessly frustrated I've been in a while, I shouldn't be shouting at digital eels :^P

Same here. I don’t even use the ability menu as I have them bound to my dpad. My R1 is reserved for jump and there’s no way I can adjust back to X now. This effectively stops me from fishing and hunting. Please bring back the old menu as an option at least. Freeing up the control bindings to have multiple commands per button (or adding hold ”?” button for a command) would be a welcome thing in helping correct these issues. I hope this gets ironed out sooner than later. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Same here. Me and the wife have to manually fish on PoE and OV. I have even tried to change the right bumper melee bind back to its original stat and no luck. Then in mission i have reset controls back to default with no change. I feel like this whole hotkey fishing deal is a huge problem over the old gear wheel system. They gave us an infinite gear wheel and now it feels useless. Please find a work around DE. D:>

Edited by (XB1)Sparr0w83