Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teach me how to stat stick... please.

(XBOX)Thang Hung

Question

I am interested in learning about your Khora, Gara, or Atlas stat stick. 

I have a Jaw Sword and a Mire riven I have put a few rolls into, looking for something that would be great for a stat stick for any of the above named frames. The Jaw Sword one currently has +290 Damage +89 Damage to Grineer - Attack Speed. The Mire one currently has +200 Damage can't remember the other stats but nothing to write home about. 

Some questions I have are:

What stats transfer over from your stat stick and which ones don't?

What are the premier stats to look for on a stat stick riven? Would they be different for each frame/weapon?

Does the weapon's IPS distribution matter?

Will one particular weapon work better than another for this purpose? Or should I just look for a one with a high riven disposition?

2 answers to this question

For Gara and Atlas, the only stats that really matter are Damage and Elemental damage. Faction damage can also transfer over IIRC, but is far more situational.

Your elemental damage gets transferred over in the combinations you make on the weapon. Make heat+corrosive on the weapon, you'll have heat+corrosive on your ability. Note that Gara's 4 deals part heat damage and part the damage you mod, so unless you add heat damage or an element combo that uses heat damage, Gara's 4 will add heat damage to the elemental combos and will combine with any single element. Using the example from before, it will still be heat+corrosive, but there will be a lot more heat. Alternatively, if you build for viral, it will become viral+heat, and if you build for corrosive+cold, it will become corrosive+blast. This damage is then added to your 2, if you are using her casting loop. Note that for Gara, you might want to add either puncture or slash damage (depending on whether you plan to tap or hold when casting her 1). For Atlas, add Impact if you want to be a meme (and deal more damage).

Khora is different. Her ability has a decent crit chance, so you want to build around that. Use Blood Rush if you have it, add crit chance and crit damage mods, make sure your combo counter duration is good, and choose your elements carefully.

The base stats of the weapon have no bearing on the ability, and some stats (attack speed and range being the big ones) don't do anything for your ability either. The exception to the base stats rule is certain weapon effects, such as the Mire's +10% toxin and the Venka Prime's special combo counter.

Other than the special effect some weapons can add, the main thing you are looking for is indeed high Riven disposition if you plan on using a Riven. Note that, due to the differences between the abilities, one riven will typically not work for all abilities. You might be able to get a riven with good damage and elementals that will work for both Atlas and Gara, but you will want a riven with crit chance and/or crit damage for Khora.

• Like 2